• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New to contracting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to contracting

I've been contracting on M&E projects for about a year. I finished up late December last year but am struggling to see any new projects into January. I am told it can be quiet this time of year. I was interested to know how long these "quiet spots" last. I am itching to get back into the swing of things.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Newbie in General. 'Ave 'im lads!!
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hi jamhot,

We need more info before we can help. Firstly what's your view on films about gladiators?
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Hi jamhot, you might like to post this in the 'Business/Contracts' section. You'll get no sense in here.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

... I gathered

Using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
            Hi jamhot, you might like to post this in the 'Business/Contracts' section. You'll get no sense in here.
            Harsh. Trying to get to the bottom of things.

Firstly I need two references.

Here is a radiator key, and a dish cloth so you can polish the Ninja.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by jamhot View Post
              I've been contracting on M&E projects for about a year. I finished up late December last year but am struggling to see any new projects into January. I am told it can be quiet this time of year. I was interested to know how long these "quiet spots" last. I am itching to get back into the swing of things.

Not knowing what you mean by M&E it's hard to say ( google has 2 plausible definitions).

However quiet periods can last days (Christmas) or years (2002 or 2009/10). Without knowing what you do and where in that industry you place yourself it's hard to give a better answer.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

M&E "mechanical and electrical" I was assuming anyone in that industry might notice and comment. I am assuming this forum holds a lot of software guys etc? I've posted in business section now. Sorry to disappoint the merriment of some of you here..

Using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jamhot View Post
                  I am itching
                  I can recommend a cream for that, if it helps?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    Harsh. Trying to get to the bottom of things.

Firstly I need two references.

Here is a radiator key, and a dish cloth so you can polish the Ninja.

There's a handy BG advert on how to bleed your radiators at the moment.

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                    X