• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cornwall Property prices doubling in two weeks?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cornwall Property prices doubling in two weeks?

I was quite impressed by this place in deepest Cornwall

5 bedroom detached house for sale in Trenear, Helston, Cornwall TR13 - 30222937 - Zoopla

until I noticed it had last been sold on 26th Sep 2013 for £289,000 and was put up for sale barely two weeks later on 12th Oct 2013 for £499,950 !

Either that first date is a typo, for 2003 perhaps, or this is one of the cheekiest piss takes in property marketing history. I mean in two weeks they'd barely have had time to move in, let alone give the place a makeover.

Maybe I'll ring the estate agents first thing on monday, and offer £400K, pointing out the huge profit the vendor will still be making.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

£289k was cheap for all that anyway. You sure the house and the rest weren't sold separately and then added together.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

That's great news! My old man's place is on the market to pay for his care. Perhaps we can crank the price up a bit!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        £289k was cheap for all that anyway. You sure the house and the rest weren't sold separately and then added together.
        Ah yes, that's another possibility.

Comment

Prices in Cornwall are very hard to judge as properties tend to be unique, especially outside of a town. It's entirely possible the person selling it underestimated the value or wanted a quick sale, and the buyer spotted an amazing opportunity.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Prices in Cornwall are very hard to judge as properties tend to be unique, especially outside of a town. It's entirely possible the person selling it underestimated the value or wanted a quick sale, and the buyer spotted an amazing opportunity.
            That's what I thought, but surely an estate agent wouldn't under-value something so much (assuming £500K isn't a gross over-valuation).

MF's suggestion sounds the most plausible though, as land is about £10K an acre in the south west.

Comment

Original buyer added a dog house and sold it for twice as much.

HTH

Comment

Working...
              X