• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour would re-introduce the 50p tax rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labour would re-introduce the 50p tax rate

BBC News - Labour would reintroduce 50p tax rate

Tossers.

In addition, did anyone read Ed Balls turnaround this morning about putting in legislation to ensure the country doesn't run at a deficit if they are elected. Isn't this like putting the Pope in charge of a child abuse scandal???
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Didn't his boss Gordon Brown harp on for years on end - that he would abolish the deficit in a few years - citing that "now wasn't the right time" to stop borrowing - even though it was the height of the boom.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Don't get mad, vote UKIP

Comment

Legislating your budget limits is the equivalent of fat people locking the biscuits in a cupboard. They cant trust themselves.

Comment

That I can believe (50% rate) but clearing budget deficit by 2020 is

Unless he also increases VAT to 25% - which is what probably what should have happened in the first place.

Comment

The irony is that HMRC know that the 50p rate will raise less than a 45p rate (as was shown in 2011-13)...

Of course this is nothing to do with economics and everything to do with politics or class warfare...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              The irony is that HMRC know that the 50p rate will raise less than a 45p rate (as was shown in 2011-13)...
              Osborne will be able to show that this year alone when 45p kicked in a lot more tax was collected, but sensible logic won't stop those idiots from putting up tax.

Comment

I don't think this is a good idea but I'd rather parties introduced laws and ran the country in the way they believed in, instead of just accepting whatever changes the previous government put in - for instance Tories keeping the new tax band but reducing it a bit.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  I don't think this is a good idea but I'd rather parties introduced laws and ran the country in the way they believed in, instead of just accepting whatever changes the previous government put in - for instance Tories keeping the new tax band but reducing it a bit.
                  LibDems did not let them reduce it back to 40p.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    BBC News - Labour would reintroduce 50p tax rate

Tossers.

In addition, did anyone read Ed Balls turnaround this morning about putting in legislation to ensure the country doesn't run at a deficit if they are elected. Isn't this like putting the Pope in charge of a child abuse scandal???
                    Yep; a complete knob. Not read yr link but I think I heard on the radio that they intend selling this as the 'biggest shoulders taking more of the burden' or something equally as 5hite. Problem is, the average street thickster will think it's a great idea.
                    Clarity is everything

Comment

Working...
                    X