• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lying agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lying agents

You know I've been around a long time and seen it all. But the agent on this current gig really is taking the biscuit. Every single thing he has told me is a straight lie. Its hard not to burst into laughter speaking to him now. Lots of it is stuff he should expect me to find out pretty soon after arriving on site too. Thankfully its a short gig and I wont have to put up with him for long. May name and shame him later (after I've been paid) some of this stuff is outrageous.

Client is a nightmare too, completely clueless and beyond saving, just been brought in as the scapegoat.

Ah well.

'Sake! We need details!!

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
      Every single thing he has told me is a straight lie.
      Provide some examples.

Comment

my word....agents do this? they 'lie'?

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
          my word....agents do this? they 'lie'?
          only when our lips move.

Comment

Will be an Indian Agent on an unlimited ICT visa who's about to take over the Contracting World and make us all redundant while the Indians flood over here bringing their kids, spouses, brother, sisters, grandparents, aunties and uncles and anyone who knows them plus their sacred cow on dependant visas and then they will kill all of us UK born contractors as Honour Killings and thus offshore is onshore and we are the Radio Luxembourg of UK contracting.

Heil CoolCat, Enabling Act next, als das Kind kind war....

Comment

May name and shame him later (after I've been paid) some of this stuff is outrageous.
              So? So? You been paid yet? Can't stand this waiting in anticipation any longer, only X-Factor judges are allowed to take this long!

Comment

, just been brought in as the scapegoat.

Ah well.

There's a few here that are well qualified for scapegoat roles
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  Will be an Indian Agent on an unlimited ICT visa who's about to take over the Contracting World and make us all redundant while the Indians flood over here bringing their kids, spouses, brother, sisters, grandparents, aunties and uncles and anyone who knows them plus their sacred cow on dependant visas and then they will kill all of us UK born contractors as Honour Killings and thus offshore is onshore and we are the Radio Luxembourg of UK contracting.

Heil CoolCat, Enabling Act next, als das Kind kind war....
                  Did you know that the cow is actually not sacred at all in India?

It was on QI so must be true

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Did you know that the cow is actually not sacred at all in India?

It was on QI so must be true
                    Good job you pointed that out
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X