• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Of all the things I can do well

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of all the things I can do well

Adjusting the brakes on a bike so they don't rub defeats me.
    Tighten Cable, spring on brake, adjust on handle, move the brake blocks, why cannot I get my head around this. Adjust the spring slightly!! It doesn't do anything. Tighten cable. It's too tight, it's too loose. Adjust the brake blocks! How the fook are you supposed to hold an Allan key in one hand and a tru to hold a spanner(after finding an age to get one to fit) in the other whole balancing the bike on a garden wall. Not only does my bike defeat me, but today it was one of the kids.

My masculinity is in tatters.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

So, remind us, what is it you can do well?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      My masculinity is in tatters.
      Take it easy and put the kettle on ...

Comment

When it comes to bikes, I always ask Dallas to do it. Or go to halfords.

Comment

What type of brakes?
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Your problem is that you don't have 2 pairs of hands. That is a requisite I find for carrying out these sorts of bike repairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
              Your problem is that you don't have opposable thumbs. That is a requisite I find for carrying out these sorts of bike repairs.
              FTFY
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                What type of brakes?
                Ones on a childs bike. FFS? At which point did I indicate that I could tell the difference between brake manufacturers.

The small, black with bobbles which rub the wheel when it spins. I want it not to rub the wheel when it goes around and also to stop the bike when the brake is pressed(which so far I have one out of two of the requirements completed).
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Being an engineer is not for everybody.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                  X