• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

School thieving - how should I react?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School thieving - how should I react?

Daughter told me today that she lost £1 from her blazer. Went to teacher and they reviewed CCTV. Saw this girl put daughter's blazer on, walk around, go in toilets for a long while. This girl asked another girl if she should steal from my daughter.

This girl apparently like my daughter and has made lots of catty comments. Not that my daughter cares. This girl is regularly in trouble and spends alot of time in the Sin Bin.

This girl is leaving the school soon.

Should I just let the school deal with it? Insist on some course of action?

Tough call, but only one course of action here. You need to pop around to the girls house and have a quick word with her. Explain that stealing from your daughter is like stealing from you and no-one makes a mug of you. Explain calmly that you expect the £1 paid back and another £99999 in damages to your family reputation. Explain no-one ****s with the Pads and that she has 24 hours to get the money or you'll burn her parents house down, her grandparents, her cousins and the people they bought their dog from as well, at which point it's £1 plus £199999 in damages otherwise you'll do something serious.

Kids these days need consequences.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I'd tell my daughter to plan her own revenge. There's a few humiliations that spring to mind that would be appropriate for someone who steals a whole £1. (But that's because I'm nasty and vicious. YMMV).
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Give the school a deadline, say you will be back in X weeks to see them face to face so they can explain how they resolved it. That will make them realise they can't brush it under the carpet.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I'd be after sexual favours from the other girl, in reparation.

Yours, Jimmy Savile

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            I'd tell my daughter to plan her own revenge. There's a few humiliations that spring to mind that would be appropriate for someone who steals a whole £1. (But that's because I'm nasty and vicious. YMMV).
            Agree.

Your daughter needs find out if she likes extracting revenge.

Personally ensuring everyone in school knows the girl is too poor to buy her own clothes and is a thief is normally enough....
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              Give the school a deadline, say you will be back in X weeks to see them face to face so they can explain how they resolved it. That will make them realise they can't brush it under the carpet.
              +1
              Give them short deadline though otherwise it may be a cause of them letting things slide if the girl is leaving soon anyway.
              If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Agree.

Personally ensuring everyone in school knows the girl is too poor to buy her own clothes and is a thief is normally enough....
                Unless of course she is from a poor broken home, abusive parents, disadvantaged to which Brillos daughter will help push her over the edge into self harming or suicide. Great advice SueEllen, thought you had more compassion.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Agree.

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Unless of course she is from a poor broken home, abusive parents, disadvantaged to which Brillos daughter will help push her over the edge into self harming or suicide. Great advice SueEllen, thought you had more compassion.
                  Alternatively, maybe it is Brillo's daughter is from the poor broken home, abusive parents, disadvantaged, the fact she only had a £1 in her pocket and felt she needed to go to the teachers to find the culprit points at somebody who doesn't have a pot to piss in. Our butlers daughter carries ten times than that to school and she's only 4.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    She does not even like cute squirrels, never mind other stuff!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X