• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Own up, who broke the ATMs this time?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Own up, who broke the ATMs this time?

Anyone working this weekend on a little upgrade?

BBC News - Lloyds customers hit by card problems

Lloyds Banking Group says some Halifax, Lloyds, Bank of Scotland and TSB customers are having problems using ATMs and debit cards.

A spokesperson for the bank group said it was aware of the problem and hoped to have the issue resolved shortly.

Not everyone who has tried to use their cards has had problems, and online customers have been unaffected.

Paul Pester, chief executive of TSB - which is being split off from Lloyds - tweeted an apology.

He said "My apologies to TSB customers having problems with their cards. I'm working hard with my team now to try to fix the problems."

Lloyds Banking Group is the largest retail UK bank.

UK banks have suffered a series of IT problems over the past few years. In December, an estimated 750,000 customers at the Royal Bank of Scotland group were unable to use their credit and debit cards for several hours following an IT glitch.

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    Anyone working this weekend on a little upgrade?

BBC News - Lloyds customers hit by card problems
    Tip of the iceberg!!

some of the tulip code I witnessed offshoting putting thorough and testing signoff protocols were laughable.

Comment

I'd be worried more about stuff like this -

"When we presented them with the withdrawal slip, they declined to give us the money because we could not provide them with a satisfactory explanation for what the money was for. They wanted a letter from the person involved."

BBC News - HSBC imposes restrictions on large cash withdrawals

Comment

Originally posted by CoolerKing View Post
        Tip of the iceberg!!

some of the tulip code I witnessed offshoting putting thorough and testing signoff protocols were laughable.
        Are you looking at me ??
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

"When we presented them with the withdrawal slip, they declined to give us the money because we could not provide them with a satisfactory explanation for what the money was for. They wanted a letter from the person involved."

Thats crazy. I should be able to walk into HSBC to withdraw whatever is in my account, and if asked why say I'm going to put the money in a suitcase and hide it under my bed. They shouldn't refuse to pay out 'my' own bloody money because I dont have good enough reason.

Looks like they've now lifted this because of the backlash from customers:
          Statement on large cash withdrawals

Comment

Thats crazy.
            UK halts use of 'dirty' 500-euro notes - CNN.com

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Just tell them you are planning to buy a second-hand car for cash, off Autotrader.

Comment

Any truth to the rumour this originated in Jersey?

Comment

Thats crazy. I should be able to walk into HSBC to withdraw whatever is in my account, and if asked why say I'm going to put the money in a suitcase and hide it under my bed. They shouldn't refuse to pay out 'my' own bloody money because I dont have good enough reason.

Looks like they've now lifted this because of the backlash from customers:
                  Statement on large cash withdrawals
                  I will use that one!
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

They are probably still smarting from this:

BBC News - HSBC to pay $1.9bn in US money laundering penalties

Don't forget to wipe the powder from your nose and if you look foreign try an English accent.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X