• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should *cough* be an independent country?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should *cough* be an independent country?

Well that's interesting, wonder what changed the minds for the recent surge in support of a yes. Words of wisdom from king alex's white paper or is UKIP really doing it's best to destroy the UK?

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Indeed, forsooth, yes, definitely etc.

Comment

So how come you vote if you live in Scotland, but if you're Scottish and you've moved outside you cannot vote? When you leave Scotland does that mean you give up being Scottish?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        So how come you vote if you live in Scotland, but if you're Scottish and you've moved outside you cannot vote? When you leave Scotland does that mean you give up being Scottish?
        1) It's not an identity competition. I know some folks elsewhere are hooked on race and skin colour. Thankfully the future of the country is not dependant on such voters (I hope).

2) What does that even mean? I've been living outside Scotland for years. You'd have to spend a long time convincing many of my fraternity I'm no from that part of the world.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Belated burns nights poetry

To A Grouse:

—————————————————–

Wee, sleekit, glowerin', troublous Darling,
          O what a panic's set thee snarling!
          Thy bare-faced claims we can't use sterling
          Dinna convince.
          The imprecations thou keep'st hurling
          Are full o' mince.

I ken wherefore thou art sae crabbit,
          Thy fizzog like a startled rabbit,
          Thy point of view sae parched and scabbit,
          Thine aspect grim.
          Faith! Thou maun earn a handsome habit
          Wi' ermine trim.

I doubt na but thy denigration
          O' Scotia's self-determination
          Is based on wild imagination,
          Or pauchlin' lies!
          Such mischief bears its indication
          In blinkin' eyes.

Thy Project Fear has fallen tae ruin!
          The Cybernats gave it a doin',
          Noo all deride its idle spewin'
          O' stories strange,
          And bold September's wind's ensuin':
          The wind o' change!

Thou saw Carmichael, bare and wast,
          And moothy Sarwar, speakin' fast,
          And Michael Moore, in ancient past,
          For mercy plead,
          By Nicola's scything wit outclassed
          And left for deid.

O Grand Panjandrum o' Finance,
          Wha reads White Papers at a glance,
          Whose style o' banking governance
          Was fair found wantin',
          It's nae surprise we look askance
          At a' thy rantin'!

Gowk, thou maun learn the lesson plain:
          Thy negativity is vain,
          Awa' back hame and think again,
          Thy scheme's agley.
          An' nought remains but grief and pain
          On voting day!

How drab thy lot, compared wi' me!
          Westminster only toucheth thee,
          And, as I backward cast my e'e,
          It turns tae dust,
          While forward, though I canna see,
          I hope and trust!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            I have two Scots-born kids and three others who've lived at least 50% of their lives there. Only three of votable age tho...

Not gonna happen - Salmond is a bit thick...

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              1) It's not an identity competition. I know some folks elsewhere are hooked on race and skin colour. Thankfully the future of the country is not dependant on such voters (I hope).

2) What does that even mean? I've been living outside Scotland for years. You'd have to spend a long time convincing many of my fraternity I'm no from that part of the world.
              So yea cannae vote. Unlucky. All those muslims who hate the UK will vote for independence. Glasgow will be the head of the new Sharia government.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

[QUOTE=scooterscot;1877571]Well that's interesting, wonder what changed the minds for the recent surge in support of a yes. Words of wisdom from king alex's white paper or is UKIP really doing it's best to destroy the UK?

As you're not living in this country you're probably a bit out of touch. The news is....outside Scotland no one really cares.

Well I guess Sean Connery is still holding onto Marbella for the SNP.

Comment

[QUOTE=Flashman;1877589]
                  Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Well that's interesting, wonder what changed the minds for the recent surge in support of a yes. Words of wisdom from king alex's white paper or is UKIP really doing it's best to destroy the UK?

As you're not living in this country you're probably a bit out of touch. The news is....outside Scotland no one really cares.

Well I guess Sean Connery is still holding onto Marbella for the SNP.
                  Seems there a lot of part-time Scotsmen around here......

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    I have two Scots-born kids and three others who've lived at least 50% of their lives there. Only three of votable age tho...

Not gonna happen - Salmond is a bit thick...

F**k me. Salmond is a bit thick ??

Really ?? Even when you compare him to Johann Lamont or Ruth Davidson ??

Salmond may not be a rocket scientist, but he sure looks like one when you sit him next to the Scottish labour or Tory leaders.
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                    X