• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Safety Deposit Boxes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safety Deposit Boxes

Getting prepped to move out of my house of the last 27 years so there is a lot of crap I have accumulated over that time, mostly paperwork, life insurance documents, house deeds, old photos etc etc etc, in the past this was all stuck in a chest in the living room but I want to get more organised and keep important documents safe.

I will be renting my next place so can't have an actual safe installed, it will seem a bit daft having a safe in the house I am renting out and the only other option would be sending it all over to Spain and keep it in the house over there but practicality of getting access to it when I need to rules that out, so was thinking a safety deposit box (although with the rules of thumb one copy is never enough I will be digitising as much as possible too.

Anyone got one, do banks even still do them or are they still only in films where international diamond smugglers use them?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Getting prepped to move out of my house of the last 27 years so there is a lot of crap I have accumulated over that time, mostly paperwork, life insurance documents, house deeds, old photos etc etc etc, in the past this was all stuck in a chest in the living room but I want to get more organised and keep important documents safe.

I will be renting my next place so can't have an actual safe installed, it will seem a bit daft having a safe in the house I am renting out and the only other option would be sending it all over to Spain and keep it in the house over there but practicality of getting access to it when I need to rules that out, so was thinking a safety deposit box (although with the rules of thumb one copy is never enough I will be digitising as much as possible too.

Anyone got one, do banks even still do them or are they still only in films where international diamond smugglers use them?
    Sorry, can't help you in this country, but can offer one piece of advice: don't get a box in your bank's cellar if it's down by the river.

Comment

Depends where you live.

Birmingham has a reputable centre

Birmingham Safety Deposit Ltd - Safe, Secure Depository for UK, Europe, Australia, and America

London has some through a co that also does mailboxes

Birmingham Safety Deposit Ltd - Safe, Secure Depository for UK, Europe, Australia, and America

MetroBank does some across London and home counties I think

HTH
      If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

My local bank did this service, only problem was finding insurance for the contents as the bank do not guarantee the safekeeping!
        This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Many banks stopped doing them, ****rs.

Comment

I believe that banks stopped providing them due to dissatisfied customers leaving old kippers in them which caused problems about a year later...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              I believe that banks stopped providing them due to dissatisfied customers leaving old kippers in them which caused problems about a year later...
              Oh for Cod's sake, some arse sole always has to ruin it for the rest of us who just want a safe plaice to keep things.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
              X