• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

David Cameron wants your kids to die...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Cameron wants your kids to die...

According to comedian Rufus Hound (who?)

Link

So the Bullingdon boys are taking all the money that should be spent on sick kids and lavishing it on themselves. And he's so incensed that he's going to stand as an MEP.

Love the bit at the bottom where the colomnist dredges up some tweet he made supporting Jimmy Carr over his tax evasion....
    Last edited by Gittins Gal; 27 January 2014, 14:06.

Wanting the government to change things isn't the same as defending someone who is being attacked after doing something legal, though, surely? I supported Jimmy Carr, but I'd rather such schemes were better prevented.

Comment

Bit like Bono saying we should give more government aid whilst salting his cash away in a tax haven.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Bit like Bono saying we should give more government aid whilst salting his cash away in a tax haven.
        Self-righteous U2 singer Bono is playing a concert in Glasgow when he asks the audience for total quiet.

Then in the silence, he starts to slowly clap his hands, once every few seconds.

Holding the audience in total silence, he says into the microphone,

"Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies."

A voice with a broad Scots accent, from near the front of the crowd, pierces the silence:

"Well, f888ing stop doin' it then!"

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
          Self-righteous U2 singer Bono is playing a concert in Glasgow when he asks the audience for total quiet.

Then in the silence, he starts to slowly clap his hands, once every few seconds.

Holding the audience in total silence, he says into the microphone,

"Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies."

A voice with a broad Scots accent, from near the front of the crowd, pierces the silence:

"Well, f888ing stop doin' it then!"
          Yes, I love that one.

I wonder if it actually happened though?

An ex-colleague of mine worked for a web design company and did some work on a website for Bob Geldof's management company.

He met Geldof at a couple of meetings and said that he acted with the petulence of somebody who is used to being the centre of his own little universe.

The worst example of this happened in the boardroom - there were about 20 of them in there and they were discussing look and feel. My ex colleague suggested a particular typeface for the site at which point Geldof cast him a withering look and just went "aww just feck off with that sh!te" and left him feeling totally humiliated.

Comment

Not according to Snopes

snopes.com: Clapping Bono Rumor

I have heard bad things about one or two other 80's superbands. I don't think its an isolated incident after 30 years of being sucked up to you become a chunt.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Toby Young, author and Daily Telegraph columnist, thinks people are pretending to take the comments at face value in order to "get offended" as they see Jeremy Clarkson as a "political opponent" and "it's an excuse to bash him".

Linky

Paging me Young. Phone call from a Mr. Pot to discuss the colour of your kettle.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
                According to comedian Rufus Hound (who?)

Link

So the Bullingdon boys are taking all the money that should be spent on sick kids and lavishing it on themselves. And he's so incensed that he's going to stand as an MEP.

Love the bit at the bottom where the colomnist dredges up some tweet he made supporting Jimmy Carr over his tax evasion....
                Are they privatising it (under the covers, and it started with Labour) or not? The race to privatise England's NHS | openDemocracy
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Not according to Snopes

snopes.com: Clapping Bono Rumor

I have heard bad things about one or two other 80's superbands. I don't think its an isolated incident after 30 years of being sucked up to you become a chunt.
                  But the Madness Findsbury Park earthquake was true

Comment

Working...
                  X