• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

L2B For Fatties

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L2B For Fatties

Not detracting from Mudskipper's fine work, but would more folks be interested in doing a B team? Would still be part of KUATB, but the B team.

I ask this as I wonder if anyone was "teetering" and when the likes of Iron Man joined the comp thought "I'm out".

If this is the case, please post here because I am currently so out of shape it's frightening, so we can do this together. And if you get better and want to bump to the A team, the go for it! I have no qualms being the B team on my own.

Just seeing.

If you thing

a) I could never do that.
    b) I would like to, but could never do that.
    c) I am just too old, but if I wasn't I would love to do that.
    d) I am too fat to do that, but if I wasn't I'd love to do that.
    e) There's no way I can get fit in time.
    f) Nice idea but there's no way I can get fit in time.

The you are my kind of CUKer.

If not then please vote in the poll and I'll STFU, promise.
    Yes, now you mention it I'll give it a go.
    0.00%
    Not sure, I still need convincing.
    0.00%
    Er, No, Ted
    100.00%
    AndyW's Mum is fit enough for me on the day
    0.00%
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Thing is, I see quite a lot of cyclists out on the roads, some of them are quite fat and I would say the sport is quite forgiving to the fatty, so you must be one fat git.

Comment

Im in! Yabba dabba do!!!

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Thing is, I see quite a lot of cyclists out on the roads, some of them are quite fat and I would say the sport is quite forgiving to the fatty, so you must be one fat git.
        It's simple physics. L2B isn't that hard of a course, but it does have 4 big hills which fatties normally walk out.

Seeing MS/Brillo speeding off into the distance isn't going to motivate, even if they do wait further down the road as is polite. I sincerely wonder if a B team might encourage some other CUKers. More money for charidee, and more fitter CUKers.

L2B is doable, even if you're not a top athlete, that's the point. Some super fit cyclists do treat it as a race though, and given the efforts posted by the cycling elite so far I wondered if anyone else felt like they would do it if there was a B team.

Genuine reasons for asking. I hope you lot get this.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          It's simple physics. L2B isn't that hard of a course, but it does have 4 big hills which fatties normally walk out.

Seeing MS/Brillo speeding off into the distance isn't going to motivate, even if they do wait further down the road as is polite. I sincerely wonder if a B team might encourage some other CUKers. More money for charidee, and more fitter CUKers.

L2B is doable, even if you're not a top athlete, that's the point. Some super fit cyclists do treat it as a race though, and given the efforts posted by the cycling elite so far I wondered if anyone else felt like they would do it if there was a B team.

Genuine reasons for asking. I hope you lot get this.
          I'm a 12mph pootler - very unlikely I'm gonna be leaving anyone behind.

Comment

Working...
          X