• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ed Balls again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ed Balls again

What is this man taking? Can I have some please?

Labour did not spend too much in the years leading up to the economic crisis, Ed Balls insisted today.
    The shadow chancellor said he had no regrets about the overall level of public expenditure under the last Government, and claimed Gordon Brown should have spent even more in some areas.
    “There would be some spending things we wouldn’t do, some spending things we would do differently, some areas we’d spend more. But do I think the level of public spending going into the crisis was a problem for Britain? No, I don’t,” he told the BBC.
    Spend too much? In some areas Labour didn't spend enough, says Ed Balls - Telegraph
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

If you repeat a lie often enough, people will believe it, and you will even come to believe it yourself.
    straight out of the handbook!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I hope he keeps talking tulipe, so people can see what type of idiots they're going to vote in if they Liebour
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
        I hope he keeps talking tulipe, so people can see what type of idiots they're going to vote in if they Liebour
        I'll leave it to Mr Cleese to explain why it doesn't work like that;

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          straight out of the handbook!
          Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          I'll leave it to Mr Cleese to explain why it doesn't work like that
          Quite so.

For the majority, Labour is spending someone else's money, not their money, so they simply don't care. In fact they believe that the "well off" are rich and can afford it anyway, so probably the rich don't really miss the money. In return everything gets better (cos the papers say so) e.g. the NHS improves, benefits increase, education is better (no horrible Mr.Gove) and so on.

So everyone wins

EDIT: I'm starting to think, if you can't beat em, join em, and la la la to anyone who tells me otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            I worry more about this man becoming an MP:

Owen Jones' 9 Point Manifesto

Comment

Does Labour know anything else other than borrow billions, spend billions on projects that favour their vote bank, increase taxes to the maximum possible.
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                Quite so.

For the majority, Labour is spending someone else's money, not their money, so they simply don't care. In fact they believe that the "well off" are rich and can afford it anyway, so probably the rich don't really miss the money. In return everything gets better (cos the papers say so) e.g. the NHS improves, benefits increase, education is better (no horrible Mr.Gove) and so on.

So everyone wins

EDIT: I'm starting to think, if you can't beat em, join em, and la la la to anyone who tells me otherwise.
                Yes, except it's the middle classes who will bear the brunt of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  Quite so.

So everyone wins

What about tax credits. Its the biggest Labour invention in the history of mankind. Its so wonderful that peeps who dont pay tax get more than they earned in "tax" credits.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Idiot - with lots of air time!

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
                    I worry more about this man becoming an MP:

Owen Jones' 9 Point Manifesto
                    This guy seems to be on the news/politics programs all the time. I worry about him a lot... clueless about the real world - just wants to be a politician/sign of the dumbwits that gain traction in our society.

Comment

Working...
                    X