• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Guardian

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Guardian

God Damn the flippin' Graniaud.

I've been whiling away these cold, dark winter evenings in my loggia tucked up with The Wire that OH kindly gave me for Christmas.

On making one of my occasional forays to the wretched rag, I've just seen the whole end game blurted out all over the screen with no spoiler alerts, nothing

That paper reminds me of one of those maiden aunts you used to have as a child - dying to show that they are in touch with the yoof by going on about "The Arctics", Breaking Bad etc. but should really be old enough to know better.

And show some editorial restraint.

And while I'm at it, is there something incredibly smug about the selfies of the columnists that gurn out at you from the screen? Smug in a way that pics of columnists for other rags possibly are not...

The Wire has 5 seasons and IIRC each one is "stand alone" so there are 5 different endgames. Nor does each season build up to one final "reveal".

Is this (another) made up scenario?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      The Wire has 5 seasons and IIRC each one is "stand alone" so there are 5 different endgames. Nor does each season build up to one final "reveal".

Is this (another) made up scenario?
      I'm on Season 1 so I didn't know that.

And I don't make things up.

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
        And while I'm at it, is there something incredibly smug about the selfies of the columnists that gurn out at you from the screen? Smug in a way that pics of columnists for other rags possibly are not...
        I doubt it.

Toby Young – Telegraph Blogs

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

I've been whiling away these cold, dark winter evenings in my loggia tucked up with The Wire that OH kindly gave me for Christmas. ...
          Hope you enjoyed it - I thought a gift like that was the least I could do
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Hope you enjoyed it - I thought a gift like that was the least I could do
            You should have seen what I got from DD and DS!

note to self: I'm not a mumsnetter so stop using these ridiculous acronyms!

Comment

I'm on Season 1 so I didn't know that.

And I don't make things up.
              Season 1 was back in 2002 so I would say fair game.

In other news, Ross snogs the girl from the xerox shop because he and Rachel were "on a break" HTH

Comment

Best Spoiler Evah:

Was watching Titanic when young cousin entered, and informed us: 'Seen it. She lives, he dies and the boat sinks'.
                My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  Season 1 was back in 2002 so I would say fair game.

In other news, Ross snogs the girl from the xerox shop because he and Rachel were "on a break" HTH
                  WPLS. I finished watching The Wire for the first time a few weeks ago. Came across the odd spoiler, but what else can one expect over a decade later. Also, there are so many storylines weaving in and out of each other across all the seasons, many of which have multiple climactic moments and turning points, that a spoiler for the whole thing would take about twenty minutes to read

Comment

I got told off for mentioning that she married Mr. Darcy...
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X