• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New F1 2014 cars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New F1 2014 cars

This one looks like it was designed using toilet rolls and old cardboard boxes:

This one is rather fetching though:

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Is the main sponsor of the second car run by someone with dyslexia?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Is the main sponsor of the second car run by someone with dyslexia?
      nope its the hedge fund / investment company that has ended up with a company they can't afford.

The lotus is a complaint waiting to happen as you are supposed to have a front nose and it has two (although the one of the left sticks slightly further out than the one on the right to meet the letter of the law).
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I quite like the Ferrari, but McLaren is nearly as bad as the Caterham IMO.

edit: All the new cars
        Last edited by d000hg; 29 January 2014, 09:58.

Comment

Apart from Mercedes and Ferrari who have developed 'functioning' end noses the rest have just added cosmetic protrusions to get them past the new regulations for end nose height and the race stewards/scrutineers. Most are in aero function very similar to their 2013 car.

They are within the 'spirit' of the regulation only.

The original aim of the change is to bring the height of the drivers feet lower but as usual the F1 teams have been able to 'interpret' the loose FIA technical regulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Damon View Post
            The original aim of the change is to bring the height of the drivers feet lower but as usual the F1 teams have been able to 'interpret' the loose FIA technical regulation.
            Could not FIA mandate heavy duty lasers at certain height at the finishing line or something? Rules should be enforced or they are worthless...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Could not FIA mandate heavy duty lasers at certain height at the finishing line or something? Rules should be enforced or they are worthless...
              It's has always been part of the sport...Brawn won the championship as he spotted a 'hole' in the regulations that allowed him to develop the split diffusser...more downforce with less tyre wear gave him a winning car.

Trouble is they are backed up against a money starved sport and if it gets too expensive to work/develop it collapses.

Comment

Originally posted by Damon View Post
                Trouble is they are backed up against a money starved sport and if it gets too expensive to work/develop it collapses.
                Plenty of money there, they (most) allegedly go to this old man -

Comment

Oi, bloody plagiarist BBC:

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  8:55 This one looks like it was designed using toilet rolls and old cardboard boxes
                  Who knew they read CUK

Comment

I'm looking forward to the first race more than I have done in years.

Currently the cars look as reliable as a Suity project so I think the flatbed removal lorry could be the winner.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X