• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shouldn't complain but...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shouldn't complain but...

Been in this new contract for a few weeks now. 10 mins from home, great rate but work very thin on the ground so trying to look busy with little work. I know in a months time I'll be regretting this post but booooooooored

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
    Been in this new contract for a few weeks now. 10 mins from home, great rate but work very thin on the ground so trying to look busy with little work. I know in a months time I'll be regretting this post but booooooooored
    Better than being bored on the bench

Washing - check
    Ironing - check
    Housework - check
    Filing - check
    Reorganise drawers - check
    Jeremy Kyle -

Take the money and dream of happier times
    If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
      Keep calm and keep on billing

Is there any chance you can do some work to develop your exisiting skill set?
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

See avatar

<-----
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Bellona View Post
          Better than being bored on the bench

Washing - check
          Ironing - check
          Housework - check
          Filing - check
          Reorganise drawers - check
          Jeremy Kyle -

Take the money and dream of happier times
          I have to admit I never get bored on the bench. There's always a mountain of odd jobs round the house and garden that need my attention and when I get fed up of that I go for a walk, take a trip to the coast or something to get me out of the house for a while.

Even having been out for a couple of months, I still have to stop myself from negotiating a later start when I land a role - that would just look bad unless I have a valid readon.

Comment

I know the feeling, as someone else mentioned on another thread, it's even harder to get motivated for dribs and drabs of work instead of a big chunk with a ridiculous deadline. At least you're billing.

Comment

My previous gig to this was dribs and drabs so I spent time there creating an automated test framework to keep my skills sharp and extend my knowledge, I found this to be very beneficial in landing my current gig.
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Boredom!

Got to say it - I agree with you.

I get so bored if there's not enough work that I make a nuisance of myself and start asking for more or suggesting improvements that will get me more work!!

I imagine I'm a huge pain in the ass to the marketing team when I'm like - do better!! Or EVEN start telling them what to do.

Contractor from hell??? Maybe - but income isn't everything - I want to actually excel in the roles I take.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  See avatar

<-----
                  Way ahead of you partner....

Comment

Agree too. Nothing does my chunk in more than just sitting there.

Also, never get bored on the bench just skint.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X