• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

so which bob consultancy took over the DWP contract from HP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so which bob consultancy took over the DWP contract from HP

and think they can get decent SC cleared programmers for £280....

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Who says they want decent programmers?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

What makes you think that HP hadn't got a load of bobs in there anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Who says they want decent programmers?
        I doubt they will have much luck finding any programmers around there. The contractor market in the North East isn't exactly big.....

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          I doubt they will have much luck finding any programmers around there. The contractor market in the North East isn't exactly big.....
          That will be because we're all working down south and competing for 'Worse Commute' status

Comment

Originally posted by FGB View Post
            That will be because we're all working down south and competing for 'Worse Commute' status
            Not going to win that one. 68 miles to Leeds A1M/M1 home 1 mile from junction, office 1/2 mile from junction.

Travelodge 4 miles away when feeling lazy.....

Prior to that the holiday camp (Sage) was 40(+) minutes drive depending on team valley......

Comment

Originally posted by FGB View Post
              Weekly commute from Newcastle to Portsmouth. It was that or Newport

Comment

I have 50 Bulgarian programmers that managed to walk past customs sniffer dogs without raising any alarms. Will they do?
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  I have 50 Bulgarian programmers and a veterinary anaesthetist that managed to walk past customs sniffer dogs without raising any alarms. Will they do?
                  ftfy?
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    and think they can get decent SC cleared programmers for £280....

Word on the grapevine is that it's CSC that took it off them. Difference in bids were quite surprising.

From all accounts CSC are pricing bids with next to no margin in order to gain presence in the UK.
                    "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Working...
                    X