• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good news - fry up is top

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good news - fry up is top

JD Wetherspoon wins 'most nutritious breakfast' award
    By Lesley Foottit, 28-Jan-2014
    JD Wetherspoon’s breakfast has been named the most nutritious of those served across UK hospitality.
    Wetherspoons wins Men's Health breakfast award

there seem to be more stories about 'unhealthy foods' being found to be healthy.

so is the era of the cardboard breakfast etc ending?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Cue "I wouldn't be seen dead in there" comments

For the money, their fry up is generally not too dismal and I used to love their 99p sausage baps. Half-decent coffee too, although these days you struggle to find anywhere that doesn't do 'real' coffee. It wasn't that long ago that instant was the norm.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Cue "I wouldn't be seen dead in there" comments

For the money, their fry up is generally not too dismal and I used to love their 99p sausage baps. Half-decent coffee too, although these days you struggle to find anywhere that doesn't do 'real' coffee. It wasn't that long ago that instant was the norm.
      It's not that "I wouldn't be seen dead in there" but I can't think of anything more depressing than starting the day off with breakfast in a Wetherspoons.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
        It's not that "I wouldn't be seen dead in there" but I can't think of anything more depressing than starting the day off with breakfast in a Wetherspoons.
        At least you can have a pint with it

Comment

My local spoons is filled with not much better than tramps. Complete dive.

Comment

A cooked breakfast is a good cure for depression.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            At least you can have a pint with it
            And many do, there's always one guy with a pint no matter how early you go in ours...

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            My local spoons is filled with not much better than tramps. Complete dive.
            ... although ours isn't anywhere near this bad. I suspect that's a function of the area, not Wetherspoons themselves. We have two and one is far worse than the other, annoyingly because the worse one has a far nicer building.

Comment

The Slough one is a lot rough during the day. The Harrow one was a lot nicer. It is very much the area.

I would eat on my own in spoons early evening and in a decent one have breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                ... although ours isn't anywhere near this bad. I suspect that's a function of the area, not Wetherspoons themselves. We have two and one is far worse than the other, annoyingly because the worse one has a far nicer building.
                Whatever the area is like, Wetherspoons will attract the dregs.

Comment

Pubs attract the dregs. Nothing special about 'spoons in that regard... certainly not the worst pubs around here either during the week or at the weekends.

Comment

nope in Harrow it was office workers in Slough its the vagrants.

Comment

Working...
                    X