• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plastic Plod - imitation 50

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plastic Plod - imitation 50

Show me the poo!: Tower Hamlets park official calls for police back-up over 'non-compliance of female' over mystery dog foul - Crime - News - London Evening Standard

A park attendant called for police “back-up” after threatening a woman for arrest over an elusive dog foul.

Amber Langtry, 35, was walking her dog with a friend on New Year's Day when a lone Tower Hamlets Enforcement Officer accused her of not clearing up after her pet.

When she explained to the officer that he'd made a mistake and asked to see the offending evidence, he refused to show her, then pointed to a spot in the opposite direction to where Miss Langtry's dog had been. He then proceeded to issue her with a ticket and called the police.

well its 'jobsworth joe'
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

I don't think you'll find that, ahem, most people in Tower Hamlets don't like dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
      I don't think you'll find that, ahem, most people in Tower Hamlets don't like dogs.
      so?

I don't like people parking like idiots and support traffic wardens but if they try to fine someone incorrectly and appear to be completely incompetent then I'm likely to be against that.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

There has recently been a big rise in anti-dog poo protest around our village. Somebody is putting increasingly rude notices up all over the place. A couple of houses have got "CCTV - if your dog craps here you will get it back!" Before long we will probably have dog poo vigilantes patrolling with baseball bats.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          There has recently been a big rise in anti-dog poo protest around our village. Somebody is putting increasingly rude notices up all over the place. A couple of houses have got "CCTV - if your dog craps here you will get it back!" Before long we will probably have dog poo vigilantes patrolling with baseball bats.
          Good. Dog owners take their dogs to tulip elsewhere then get upset when people get upset about it. Their "not my problem" attitude makes me

Comment

Things are so much better than they used to be.

Who ever lived in a neighbourhood that didn't have a dog sh!t alley back in the day?

Got pretty good on my skateboard though slaloming between all the dog turds lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              Good. Dog owners take their dogs to tulip elsewhere then get upset when people get upset about it. Their "not my problem" attitude makes me
              innit - if they are not that bothered why not let the dog sh!t in their own back garden

it is one of my pet hates!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                Most dog owners, I thin you'll find, are responsible and clear up after their pooches.

I do sometimes detect an anti dog thing going on that is somewhat redolent of the intolerance of zealous anti smokers.

A little while ago, I was walking my parents' great dane along the seafront at Lyme when he decided he needed to answer the call of nature.

What do you do? I stood there and struck a pose with my poop bag in hand to give the impression that I was going to dive in and scoop it up once he'd finished. But it still wasn't enough to stop some miserablist woman from coming over and calling me an inconsiderate bitch blah blah... My kids might go blind blah blah... Etc.

I'm sure her view was that dogs should be banned from public places. Hopefully not too many people share this view, though I'm sure the Labour party can socially engineer enough people into thinking this way and then just ban dogs from public places on the grounds of public health.

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
                  Most dog owners, I thin you'll find, are responsible and clear up after their pooches.

I do sometimes detect an anti dog thing going on that is somewhat redolent of the intolerance of zealous anti smokers.

A little while ago, I was walking my parents' great dane along the seafront at Lyme when he decided he needed to answer the call of nature.

What do you do? I stood there and struck a pose with my poop bag in hand to give the impression that I was going to dive in and scoop it up once he'd finished. But it still wasn't enough to stop some miserablist woman from coming over and calling me an inconsiderate bitch blah blah... My kids might go blind blah blah... Etc.

I'm sure her view was that dogs should be banned from public places. Hopefully not too many people share this view, though I'm sure the Labour party can socially engineer enough people into thinking this way and then just ban dogs from public places on the grounds of public health.
                  Possibly it is becuase we have evolved to a point where sh!tting animals should no longer be a part of public life?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    Possibly it is becuase we have evolved to a point where sh!tting animals should no longer be a part of public life?
                    "Shaking like a tulipting dog" is one of my favorite catchphrases. Does that have to go too?

Comment

Working...
                    X