• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No tulip, Sherlock

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No tulip, Sherlock

Whoda thunk it?

No Speake English, No Job

Originally posted by RetSet View Post
    Whoda thunk it?

Just think of it as less competition for you.

Comment

Not really new news, to those of us who ever check facts on immigration rather than parrot PC nonsense anyway. Geographical immobility in some parts of the country, partly as a consequence of language problems, especially among women, has long been a major impediment among some groups.

Even those wonderful Eastern Europeans doing the jobs that lazy Brits don't want to do etc., etc. How strange that:

The 291-page report - commissioned by the Brussels commissioner for employment and social inclusion, Laszlo Andor - found there were 611,779 "non-active" EU migrants in the UK last year compared with 431,687 in 2006 - a 42% increase.
      Unemployed Migrants: '600,000 Living In UK'
      Last edited by xoggoth; 29 January 2014, 23:09.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I'm pretty sure that after the next local election in May we can all expect a hefty increase in council tax to start paying for all of this wonderful....diversity.
        Last edited by Flashman; 29 January 2014, 23:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
          I'm pretty sure that after the next local election in May we can all expect a hefty increase in council tax to start paying for all of this wonderful....diversity.
          You should expect a hefty increase in council tax because Govt cuts amount of money given to councils.

Comment

Are there any foreigners among those with a poor English?
            <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              You should expect a hefty increase in council tax because Govt cuts amount of money given to councils.
              Spot on there as usual, I was reading an article this morning about deprivation in parts of Liverpool, Manchester and Newcastle due to central govenrment cutting handouts
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by RetSet View Post
                Whoda thunk it?

A bit of strange one really as when I worked in Zurich I didn't speak any German and I got along fine and I'm not exactly the greatest speaker of English either suffice to say I have encounter migrant workers here who have a poor grasp of English but who are working so it doesn't always ring true I'm afraid. A few of the cleaning staff here infact speak little or next to no English yet they're fantastic at what they do.
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
                  Are there any foreigners among those with a poor English?
                  only sum of dem, innit.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                    A bit of strange one really as when I worked in Zurich I didn't speak any German and I got along fine and I'm not exactly the greatest speaker of English either suffice to say I have encounter migrant workers here who have a poor grasp of English but who are working so it doesn't always ring true I'm afraid. A few of the cleaning staff here infact speak little or next to no English yet they're fantastic at what they do.
                    A long time ago before I met Lady Tester I spent a few months working in Denmark and arrived speaking only one word of Danish; Øl.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X