• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Today's verse for the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's verse for the day

Deuteronomy 30:19

This day I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live.
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Here is slightly more up-to-date and far more truthful:

"Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me. We long for a caring Universe which will save us from our childish mistakes, and in the face of mountains of evidence to the contrary we will pin all our hopes on the slimmest of doubts. God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist."

Academician Prokhor Zakharov
    "For I Have Tasted The Fruit"

Comment

Chico says the Bible is the truth (with all it's contradictions).
      My muslim friend says the Koran is the truth (with all it's contradictions).
      I'm sure they're both wrong.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Religion (tm) is a franchise and Chico is its pimp.

Now what are the odds that today's post was suggested in that Cut/Paste section of that site for suckers?

What's normal in religion is classed as fraud in any other aspect of life.

Comment

Chico is religion's hate-filled, war-mongering pimp. He's going straight to hell. But don't worry, Chico, the parties are better there, especially now the Devil has signed a deal with Tesco to deliver all remaining stock to Hell at the end of the rapture.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Comment

Psalm 14:1

The fool says in his heart,
              "There is no God."
              They are corrupt, their deeds are vile;
              there is no one who does good.
              Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Ah good if you're back again Chico and not too busy today would you mind answering my question from earlier in the week about Buddah. No cut and paste please - from your own mind. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
                  Ah good if you're back again Chico and not too busy today would you mind answering my question from earlier in the week about Buddah. No cut and paste please - from your own mind. Thank you
                  I think you're assuming he's got a mind:

half-wit:

n 1: a person of subnormal intelligence [syn: idiot, imbecile, cretin, moron, changeling, retard] 2: a stupid incompetent person [syn: dimwit, nitwit, doofus]
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
                    JG Why should I answer when God provides the definitive word

Exodus 20:4- 6

You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.
                    You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand {generations} of those who love me and keep my commandments.
                    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Working...
                    X