• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can I receive redundancy pay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I receive redundancy pay

I have been working for my new company for 9 months in the UK, I may be about to be made redundant, am I entitled to redundancy pay. I work full time.

Have you tried this?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Nope, sorry.

Comment

Do you own the company?

Why are you being made redundant?

Do you have a contract of employment?

Have you been given notice? If so, how much?

If you've only been working there for 9 months then usually no, or at least not tax free. There may be other options in regard to payment in lieu of notice or compensation for loss of office, depending on the above answers.

Have a read here: Your Redundancy Rights | money.co.uk
        ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
          Have you tried this?
          or this
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Sure you are

Originally posted by matthewgayle View Post
            I have been working for my new company for 9 months in the UK, I may be about to be made redundant, am I entitled to redundancy pay. I work full time.
            ask for £43K

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
              ask for £43K
              In used notes...

Comment

If you were entitled it would be such a tiny amount that I wouldn't bother my arse ding the paperwork. Something like a week's pay per year of service.

Comment

Great. You can become the contractor you had always hoped you would be.

Dust of the CV. Find a role. Then come back and thank us.

Comment

Eh? So it's your company. Who's making you redundant? Are you making yourself redundant?
                    Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Working...
                    X