• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online billing failure - I'm going back to paperwork

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online billing failure - I'm going back to paperwork

Well there's a small victory (I think).

Got a new phone months ago and duly changed the number on my health insurance website.

They still send the SMS which is part of the login to my old phone.

Old phone got lost so I try to persuade them to send the SMS to my new phone.

Get sent into the password forgotten routine.

NO I HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN MY PASSWORD, YOU ARE SHOVING THE SMS AT MY OLD PHONE!

After a good half hour battling with their website I gave up and went to change back to paper bills.

And discover that they let me request a change of payment frequency and method without even logging in

Effective From Date?

Doesn't go past 31st December 2013.

Sigh.

Snail Mail despatched cancelling the online tulipe.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Don't you know that you can keep your old number when you get a new phone?
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      Bit tricky when you want to keep 2 phones with different numbers going.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        I never do that - it takes up my time whereas it's much easier to just text the new number to everyone in my contacts list. Anyone who doesn't bother to update it probably doesn't matter anyway, and those that do only have to spend 10 seconds tops.

Comment

And woosh they've accepted my contact form request to go back to paper communications even though I hadn't logged in.

Glad to opt out of that service quite frankly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
            Bit tricky when you want to keep 2 phones with different numbers going.
            If you have 2 phones, in service, that you own, why does it matter which one gets the SMS?
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              If you have 2 phones, in service, that you own, why does it matter which one gets the SMS?
              Keep up. He bought a new phone; didn't transfer the number because it was important to have two numbers. But then he lost the old phone and didn't bother to replace it.

Perfectly simple. Could happen to anyone.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
                I never do that - it takes up my time whereas it's much easier to just text the new number to everyone in my contacts list. Anyone who doesn't bother to update it probably doesn't matter anyway, and those that do only have to spend 10 seconds tops.
                Bit of a pain of you have business cards, website, copies of CV with several agencies etc. I've had the same number since I got my phone back in the 90s.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                  Bit of a pain of you have business cards, website, copies of CV with several agencies etc. I've had the same number since I got my phone back in the 90s.
                  I have a wind up phone.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    I have a wind up phone.
                    Is that where you phone up and ask if mike hunt is there?
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X