• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is wrong with The Guardian?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Technically with the website that is.

It looks fairly normal in Firefox but in IE it takes ages to load due to long running script and when/if it does it has a simple layout with no pictures. Guessing IE is loading the mobile version for some reason.

Anyone else seeing this?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

xoggy reads the Guardian?

works fine for me - IE11, although the banner ad is a bit slow to load.

Comment

I like The Guardian!
      bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Loaded in less than 10 seconds on all 3, IE 11, Firefox and Chrome for me...
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I notice in Firefox there is a Mobile link at top. I click and that's what I am seeing by in IE11 using my old shortcut. It's headed "You are viewing an alpha release of the Guardian’s responsive website"

Anyway, clicking on "Opt-out and return to standard desktop site" gives a new link that works in IE.

Latest UK news and comment | UK news | The Guardian

Old link that's weird

http://www.theguardian.com/uk
          Last edited by xoggoth; 31 January 2014, 20:53.
          bloggoth

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            I notice in Firefox there is a Mobile link at top. I click and that's what I am seeing by in IE11 using my old shortcut. It's headed "You are viewing an alpha release of the Guardian’s responsive website"

Anyway, clicking on "Opt-out and return to standard desktop site" gives a new link that works in IE.

Latest UK news and comment | UK news | The Guardian

Old link that's weird

Latest news, sport and comment from the Guardian | The Guardian
            Blimey, thats a totally different webpage to the one I get: Latest news, sport and comment from the Guardian | The Guardian

Replied before your edit. I get your old link just fine, plus the new one but I also get this if I go to the old one and then select News-UK News from the links at the top
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Completely hangs for me most of the time, have to close IE with Task manager. They must be using a rightie bastard exclusion script!
              bloggoth

Comment

As I said about the BBC, the whole thing is leaning to the left..

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                  As I said about the BBC, the whole thing is leaning to the left..
                  I preferred that joke the first time!

Comment

My first thought would be... a lot.

Comment

Working...
                    X