• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contentment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contentment

Having been on a bit of a spending spree, I have found that my cravings for material things are now diminished. I am contented with what I have.

No doubt this is a temporary state of affairs.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Don't worry, you just haven't seen the right new things yet.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
      Don't worry, you just haven't seen the right new things yet.
      I've had little desire for consumer electronics or the latest new fangled gizmos for years anyway, so I doubt there is anything I'd actually want that I've missed, and everything I have is sufficiently good that I'm not tempted to upgrade any of it.

The only real exception to this is adding to my synthesizer collection but as I'm a bit low on space that's not really practical anyway. And a telescope, but that really needs to wait until I move house and have somewhere to actually use it.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I'm not really into 'stuff', but I know Mr ms seems to get pleasure from the research, decision making and acquisition, rather than the actual possession. Which is why we have 100s (possibly 1000s) pounds of very expensive camera kit that almost never gets used.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          I'm not really into 'stuff', but I know Mr ms seems to get pleasure from the research, decision making and acquisition, rather than the actual possession. Which is why we have 100s (possibly 1000s) pounds of very expensive camera kit that almost never gets used.

Nice to know I'm not the only one. It does get used occasionally though.

Comment

posting on the counting thread

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              posting on the counting thread
              Thats more psychopathic than contented.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Thats more psychopathic than contented.
                He'll be content when he's finished it.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  He'll be content when he's finished it.
                  Not LNG to go.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I have cleared enough junk out of the office that I can roll my chair in front of my keyboard to play it sitting down.

A little bit more and I'll be able to hoover.

Comment

Working...
                    X