• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Andre Rieu

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andre Rieu

Is this kind of tulip still big in Europe?

I'm watching it on SKY at the moment, seems to be a guy dressed up like the demon from ghostbusters 2 belting out cheesy popular classics to a massive and exclusively white audience.

He;s popular here too. The mother-out-law has a couple of his CDs, as do some of her friends (I've managed to avoid listening to them, thankfully).
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Is this kind of tulip still big in Europe?

I'm watching it on SKY at the moment, seems to be a guy dressed up like the demon from ghostbusters 2 belting out cheesy popular classics to a massive and exclusively white audience.
      Not really a fan but occasionally catch it when flipping through the channels and find myself thinking impure thoughts after some of the girlies dressed up in their best party frocks

But is your complaint about the dress code of the owner or that the audience is predominately white - I'm pretty sure any tickets available will not contain a "whites only" statement so I guess it may be down to price or possibly taste to explain the lack of diversity in the audience

Pondering some more ... I'm struggling to recall any dark faces in The Last Night of the Proms audience ...surprised the BBC still show it!
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

The white thing was just an observation after me and the missus played 'spot the black man' for 20 minutes. It was a no score draw.

I was aware of his existence as he seems to be in all the time but I seen him in the side of a Sky van this week so I thought that I would have a look at his next show. I get the picture that sky think this is prime time entertainment and obviously think they have one up on the other broadcasters if he is on the side of vans.

I just don't think I expected pure cheese on that level, it was frighteningly dated.

Comment

Yes he is big, I don't know. Hans Liberg, an extremely talented and funny Dutchman (like Andre Rieu, the Dutch bit, not the funny bit), really takes the piss out of him:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

My aunt and uncle travelled from America to Europe three times to see him because they loved him so much.

Last year, his Christmas concert was broadcast live to various cinemas around the world, so there must be a market for it.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Quite liked it in the past but it does tend to be a bit samey. The "Spot the" game me and missus liked playing was to see how many musicians or spectators we could see who resembled famous people. We'd sit there with our vodka/whisky going, look there's Bill Murray/Peter Sissons/Jimmy Carr etc, etc. She always won, darn it.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Searched on sky there using his name, 36 programs on in the next week and currently on on demand.

It is really obvious how sky pack the basic channels with absolute tulipe to try and get you to buy the only slightly better packages.

Comment

Last year Sky renamed Sky Arts 2 as Sky Arts Rieu for a whole month.

But I see he's on right now.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

He's always on.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X