• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Council double standards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Council double standards

BBC News - Councils failing to change misleading bus lane signs

If an individual or company steps out of line they are jumped on. But Councils and other government bodies are above the law.

If it looks like a bus lane then don't drive in it, simples.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      If it looks like a bus lane then don't drive in it, simples.
      My brother failed his driving test for not driving in the bus lane* as it was one of those which only operates for certain hours. Bit tight really cos if you do go in one legitimately it can be a right pain in the arse to pull out again since everyone else will pile down the outside.

And yes, I have taken the piss ever since for his not passing first time. The big poofter.

* - there might have been other reasons too, i don't recall.

Comment

You should drive in bus lanes outside the restricted hours but I seem to be the only person in my town to do so. Most of the people around me look at me as if I'm the one in the wrong, not them.

The bus lanes seem to be a major cause of accidents. Last year I saw two car crashes and three people crossing the road hit by bicycles on the one stretch on my commute.

Comment

Working...
        X