• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England blame Pietersen for Ashes hammering

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

England blame Pietersen for Ashes hammering

BBC Sport - Kevin Pietersen: Batsman's England career over

Shame that he's the one that gets the blame. As Boycott said (about himself) "they want my runs, but they don't want me".

Poor decision, and when the middle order fail next winter, people will be asking where KP is. Unless England have a world-class, game-changing batsman playing county cricket that we just haven't picked yet
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Surely if we have a game-changing batsman he can beat any joker they bring in. He'll be the bane of them.

Comment

The decision also points towards Ashley Giles getting the top job

If a new guy comes in who wants KP in the side, then what can he do about it - surely you wait until the new director of cricket is in place and see what they want to do as the new coach of all three sides.

Baffling.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

I would have punted him back to England after the first test, obviously not interested, totally unprofessional, clearly pissing the rest of the team off as well.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          I would have punted him back to England after the first test, obviously not interested, totally unprofessional, clearly pissing the rest of the team off as well.
          Correct.

Says his heart wants to play for England. Yeah but his wallet is saying 'IPL, IPL, IPL'

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
            As Boycott said (about himself) "they want my runs, but they don't want me".
            Thats cos he was (and probably is) a wife beater.

Sport is supposed to be something where youngsters look up to people as a role model. Its not all about winning.

Comment

ECB managing director Paul Downton said: "The time is right to rebuild not only the team but also the team ethic."
              No Mr Downton, the time is right to pick the best players available for each series or match, and if KP's the best batsman available this summer you bloody well pick him, regardless of whether you or anyone else happens to like him or have other long term plans. It's sport at the top level, not Old Piddletonians 5th XI where people come to play with their mates and not Hopefullsbutnotquitereadies Under 21s XI where youngsters get experience even if their skills aren't quite up to it yet.

With this kind of decision making, here beginneth a new era of failure for English cricket.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Sport... Its not all about winning.
                It is when you perform at a high standard.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  It is when you perform at a high standard.
                  Not really applicable to the england cricket team then...
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    Not really applicable to the england cricket team then...
                    Well, they had a bad Ashes series, after several successful years. I can't help feeling that somebody in England has pushed the panic button and the Australians are laughing their arses off. Not saying KP should be an instant selection (nobody should), but shutting out the possibility altogether is stupid.

Comment

Working...
                    X