• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A most enjoyable evening

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A most enjoyable evening

I have just finished rebuilding both of my RC cars. I do like tinkering with tools and mechanical things.

Tomorrow I will use one of them as fodder for a demo video so I can flog my old camcorder.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

What scale? I used to love 1/10 stuff, but perhaps like you, it was always the tinkering that engaged me rather than racing.

My advice to anyone is to keep it small scale, though. At 18 I purchased a 40 year old car and I've been addicted and skint since. Can't beat a warm sunny day fixing cars or bikes with some mates, though. Especially after spending all week battling modern tech.

Comment

Can't you post this drivel in tpd? Or at least put the thread in LR.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Can't you post this drivel in tpd? Or at least put the thread in LR.....
        To leave more room for your pointless BS. Why don't you ask thd mods if you can have a sub forum.

Last edited by doodab; 5 February 2014, 07:46.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
          What scale? I used to love 1/10 stuff, but perhaps like you, it was always the tinkering that engaged me rather than racing.

My advice to anyone is to keep it small scale, though. At 18 I purchased a 40 year old car and I've been addicted and skint since. Can't beat a warm sunny day fixing cars or bikes with some mates, though. Especially after spending all week battling modern tech.
          One 1/10th (an old Kyosho Optima Mid) and one 1/18th monster truck which will be used for bashing around in the park with junior. It's addictive though, I keep looking at new ones and robotics kits. I quite like the idea of these tiny 1/24th rally cars, but I want an integrale or quattro body to go on it.

Losi Micro Rally Brushless - Blue

I did used to enjoy the racing when I was a teenager but there aren't any clubs particularly local to me and I can't really be arsed driving miles for it. The tinkering is the best bit though.

I used to enjoy a bit of real car mechanics but I don't have the space. So toys it is. A lot cheaper too...
          Last edited by doodab; 5 February 2014, 07:48.

Comment

Bought a kit for ms#5 a couple of years back. He had fun building it, but has never really been interested in driving the thing.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              To leave more room for your pointless BS. Why don't you ask thd mods if you can have a sub forum.

Go and delete a post in the counting thread. He hates that.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Go and delete a post in the counting thread. He hates that.
                That would require me to post in there. **** that.

Comment

Working...
                X