• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are you overweight?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you overweight?

Calculator here:

BMI healthy weight calculator - Health tools - NHS Choices

(Yes, I know BMI is a rough tool and not accurate for the extremely athletic, but I'm pretty sure the vast majority of CUKers don't fall into that category.)

Oh, and if you are overweight/obese there's still space on the L2B team - whether you're northern or not.

Poll to follow.
    Underweight
    10.53%
    Healthy weight
    21.05%
    Overweight
    52.63%
    Obese
    15.79%
    AndyW's mum like me cuddly.
    0.00%

Fat Northerner & Proud

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
        Fat Northerner & Proud
        On yer bike!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Calculator here:

BMI healthy weight calculator - Health tools - NHS Choices

(Yes, I know BMI is a rough tool and not accurate for the extremely athletic, but I'm pretty sure the vast majority of CUKers don't fall into that category.)

Oh, and if you are overweight/obese there's still space on the L2B team - whether you're northern or not.

Poll to follow.
          It's not even accurate for the moderately athletic people who run once or twice a week and play footy, squash etc at the weekend. It's also not accurate for people with heavy physical work like soldiers, firemen, fishermen, builders, policemen who walk a beat all day, labourers, etc etc. That's a lot of exceptions, too many for my liking. Waist measurement is a better indicator, or actually waist to height ratio.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Heinously
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              It's not even accurate for the moderately athletic people who run once or twice a week and play footy, squash etc at the weekend. It's also not accurate for people with heavy physical work like soldiers, firemen, fishermen, builders, policemen who walk a beat all day, labourers, etc etc. That's a lot of exceptions, too many for my liking. Waist measurement is a better indicator, or actually waist to height ratio.
              Nah, I'm OK on BMI, but waist to height ratio is a big fail. So I'll stick with BMI, ta.

But yes, fine physical specimens without an ounce of fat on them can ignore my poll.

Problem is that lots of overweight people (thinking Mr ms here!) insist that they are overweight because they're muscular, when they are in fact very fat.

Comment

Nah, I'm OK on BMI, but waist to height ratio is a big fail. So I'll stick with BMI, ta.

But yes, fine physical specimens without an ounce of fat on them can ignore my poll.

Problem is that lots of overweight people (thinking Mr ms here!) insist that they are overweight because they're muscular, when they are in fact very fat.
                I'm built like Hulk Hogan Ill have you know.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  Heinously
                  And you're doing something about it, so good on you. How did the turbo-trainer go?

Comment

And you're doing something about it, so good on you. How did the turbo-trainer go?
                    Didn't.

I'm extremely prone to sinus infections after colds. Had a snorter of a cold last week and now have a sinus infection. Can't think/balance. Feel like crap. Just about get home and collapse into bed.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X