• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suity Panto Scene 5 Act 1 (Immensely long knotted tale)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suity Panto Scene 5 Act 1 (Immensely long knotted tale)

So I left the Jersey gig. ClientCo had no idea I was leaving as the Bob consultancy didn't tell them. Bob consultancy is very slippery (still waiting for last week's timesheet to be signed off ).

ClientCo have insisted I go back on 3rd of March (or there will be big big trouble - was the ultimatum issued to the Bob consultancy).

So I am still getting emails from ClientCo asking me for stuff. OK so I'm out of contract, but may be going back. How do I play this?

As I see it?

a) Contact ClientCo, thanking them for their email and ask them to send all future correspondance to my old pimp until a new contact is issued.
    b) Ignore emails until a new contract is issued.
    c) Contact ClientCo and suggest contracting direct from 3rd March and treat them like a genuine client, hence no issue with dealing with the odd email as I'll price it in.

Any other options I missed?

There now follows a brief potted history of why the Jersey gig failed. If you know why, or can't be arsed please stop reading and go back to posting in TPD2.

ClientCo bought an FS product from Company A. Company A delivered this and hired company B to deliver the BPM processes. Company A and B shared IP over the processes. Company A and B fell out. Company A were ordered to rewrite the business processes so they own all of the IP. Company A has no capacity to do this. ClientCo has services delivered from Company C (mainly report writing) but being the body shoppers they are decided to offer my services, then body shopped me in there.

I never got any traction. I think this is because company A wanted to do the development in house, to keep their costs down, as they effectively have to deliver this process rewrite FOC as it's their legal fook up. Company C failed to get control of the situation and I sat their twiddling my thumbs and draining Company C's bank account. Now turnaround of timesheets is getting slower and slower.

I put a 2 week ultimatum to them mid Jan to sort this all out. They failed. I left.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Tell them all to **** off and move on to the next one.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Tell them all to **** off and move on to the next one.
      +1 find something else beginning March 3rd and you'll have nothing to worry about.

Or add enough to the day rate that you don't care what is happening....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        +1 find something else beginning March 3rd and you'll have nothing to worry about.

Or add enough to the day rate that you don't care what is happening....
        Yeah I was getting fooked about. Agreement was Bob consultancy pay all my flights and I pay accomodation. Fair enough. The reality was they would pay flights at the start and end of the month and expect me to stay out there, with no work to do at weekends or during the week for that matter.

This was in stark contrast to the agreed 1 week in 4 out in Jersey. Not even slippery on that one, just plain breach of contract.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Yeah I was getting fooked about. Agreement was Bob consultancy pay all my flights and I pay accomodation. Fair enough. The reality was they would pay flights at the start and end of the month and expect me to stay out there, with no work to do at weekends or during the week for that matter.

This was in stark contrast to the agreed 1 week in 4 out in Jersey. Not even slippery on that one, just plain breach of contract.
          It was a bob agency. Dot every i, cross every t and don't give them any wriggle room when it comes to money...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

See SY, I told you things would perk up.

If they want stuff doing, charge an hourly rate for your time in the interim?

And press current client for an extension if one is there on the grounds "my previous client is pressing me to return ASAP".
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              It was a bob agency. Dot every i, cross every t and don't give them any wriggle room when it comes to money...
              It's like a bad Bollywood movie starring Raj Suity.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                c) Contact ClientCo and suggest contracting direct from 3rd March and treat them like a genuine client, hence no issue with dealing with the odd email as I'll price it in.
                If you remained opted into the agency regulations, and it's been eight weeks since the end of the contract, this is what I'd go for - no agent in the middle to frustrate, and if you are engaged directly by the client then you may get more clout and can then push things through your way.

Failing that, I think I'd try to get away from the place entirely. Going back under the conditions that you were under before just seems daft if you have anything else that you could be doing instead.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
                  If you remained opted into the agency regulations, and it's been eight weeks since the end of the contract, this is what I'd go for - no agent in the middle to frustrate, and if you are engaged directly by the client then you may get more clout and can then push things through your way.

Failing that, I think I'd try to get away from the place entirely. Going back under the conditions that you were under before just seems daft if you have anything else that you could be doing instead.
                  Contract was between MyCo and Agency for delivering services to Company C. No mention of ClientCo in the contract. So what's to stop me just going direct anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    See SY, I told you things would perk up.

If they want stuff doing, charge an hourly rate for your time in the interim?

And press current client for an extension if one is there on the grounds "my previous client is pressing me to return ASAP".
                    Hourly rate. OK if normal day rate was for arguments sake £450 per day, what's a fair hourly rate?

I am gently probing current Client Co for more work. I dropped into conversation that half way through the 4 weeks I would need to start cranking up JobSwerve.

Comment

Working...
                    X