• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hurrah!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurrah!

The Big Blooooo Volvo has passed another MOT... 207,428 miles on the clock...

Now all I have to worry about is the root canal at the dentist on Monday Morn...

I have such interesting days orrrfff.

That is one brave dentisit youve got there, Zeitghost.....

Try not to eat him.
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

I want one of those 4x Volvos. Just one problem...

Comment

What's the problem? Grab case with cash (£50 notes only) go to local dealership and buy one there and then, give every one £50 tip just so that they know you are an IT contractor.

hth

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
          What's the problem? Grab case with cash (£50 notes only) go to local dealership and buy one there and then, give every one £50 tip just so that they know you are an IT contractor.

hth
          Im still in permidom ... just.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            The Big Blooooo Volvo has passed another MOT... 207,428 miles on the clock... .
            I hope its genuine milage and you're not winding the clock on, cus that's cheating.

There's a permie where I am who has had some problems with his new COmpany, the dash keeps dieing (A3).
            Each time they replace it he lies about the milage, apparently he's done >10,000 miles in 3 months and it's been off the road 10 weeks.
            Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

I heard its near impossible to clock modern electronic engines.

Comment

when the entire mechanism is replaced they need to initialise it!
                Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

But surely this information is kept inside chip that is put into the engine, and surely it should not be removable and should stay there for duration of the engine's life?

Comment

Yes, but suuuuuurely its possible to assign unique number to the engine and use it as public key pair to encrypt checksum on the odometer, this way if engine is changed then its obvious that odometer lied.

Comment

Working...
                    X