• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Airbus A380 Cattle Class

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Airbus A380 Cattle Class

What's it like?

Weighing up whether or not to go business. It's a 13 hour flight.

I've heard that its better to get a seat in the economy section of the upper deck. But if that's where the best seats are it would be logical to expect this to be crowded as well.

How big are you and how do you generally find economy flights, because without that we can't advise. I don't find it a problem even on long flights but I have a small frame and don't have a bad back, etc.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I went cattle on an
      A380 on Qantas a couple of years ago in the upstairs bit. Aside from being a smaller cabin and quite new it was just like economy everywhere else.

This year I went business...
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I don't know about economy class but I'm glad I'm seperated from their smells by curtains or floors. Business class with Emirates is fabulous; the plane even has a pub in the back.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          How big are you and how do you generally find economy flights, because without that we can't advise. I don't find it a problem even on long flights but I have a small frame and don't have a bad back, etc.
          6'3" and quite broad.

I'm a bit claustrophobic and hate feeling hemmed in.

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
          I went cattle on an
          A380 on Qantas a couple of years ago in the upstairs bit. Aside from being a smaller cabin and quite new it was just like economy everywhere else.

This year I went business...
          I suppose that says it all...

Comment

Flying where and with which airline?

I've only been on A380s with Qantas in Premium Economy - that was right at the back of the top deck.
            In my experience the seating was like Business Class used to be on other planes, until Business Class became the pods you get now. It was a nice comfy seat, loads of legroom (and I got the emergency exit row), a nice small cabin (I think about 20 seats or so maximum) with friendly young staff, including the hostess who sat in the jump seat opposite me and flashed her suspenders, self service bar for snacks and drinks when the staff were resting, decent food, etc.

It was actually one of the best flights I've ever had, including some more recent Business Class flights with BA, Air China and another I can't remember.

Comment

I tend to go economy plus when it's available.

I find air travel can make me feel a little queasy - not from the motion but being cramped in a cattle class seat which isn't exactly conducive to good digestion after having eaten your airline meal. I also think the quality of the air makes me feel bad too on a long flight, but I'm guessing that's the same regardless of what cabin you're travelling in.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                Flying where and with which airline?

I've only been on A380s with Qantas in Premium Economy - that was right at the back of the top deck.
                In my experience the seating was like Business Class used to be on other planes, until Business Class became the pods you get now. It was a nice comfy seat, loads of legroom (and I got the emergency exit row), a nice small cabin (I think about 20 seats or so maximum) with friendly young staff, including the hostess who sat in the jump seat opposite me and flashed her suspenders, self service bar for snacks and drinks when the staff were resting, decent food, etc.

It was actually one of the best flights I've ever had, including some more recent Business Class flights with BA, Air China and another I can't remember.

Malaysian & they don't have premium economy unfortunately. It's a hell of a jump up to business from economy.

Comment

Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post
                  What's it like?

Weighing up whether or not to go business. It's a 13 hour flight.

I've heard that its better to get a seat in the economy section of the upper deck. But if that's where the best seats are it would be logical to expect this to be crowded as well.
                  Depends on the airline - not all A380s are laid out the same.

Emirates economy is all downstairs, I think - if you know the route and the airline, have a look on seatguru and see what they say.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post
                    Malaysian & they don't have premium economy unfortunately. It's a hell of a jump up to business from economy.
                    Then find another airline. I think you can fly Emirates or Etihad to Malaysia with a stop off for a night, or a direct connection in Dubai or Abu Dhabi. Both airlines are very good, business class is often a bit less expensive than others and day in the sun is a good way to break up a long flight.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X