• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Forum go-slow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum go-slow

Lots of hanging today.

Has TPD broken it?

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Lots of hanging today.

Has TPD broken it?
    Just posted this:
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/techn...ml#post1883754

Lots of traffic hitting the server as it is newsletter day today. The newsletter sends from the server too so high load on MySQL as well as increased Postfix load as the emails are delivered. Had a load of 16 on the server just now

Also noticed a gzip process running and tracked down to a logrotate script that was set to run at 11:30 so have pushed that back to 4:30 now so that should help next week. If problem persists will probably look at moving the newsletter DB to another machine but fingers crossed that should be enough. Quite a bit of free memory on the box as well so may look at some MySQL tweaks to see if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Lots of hanging today.

Has TPD broken it?
      Probably someone using an automated counting thread bot.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
        Just posted this:

Lots of traffic hitting the server as it is newsletter day today. The newsletter sends from the server too so high load on MySQL as well as increased Postfix load as the emails are delivered. Had a load of 16 on the server just now

Also noticed a gzip process running and tracked down to a logrotate script that was set to run at 11:30 so have pushed that back to 4:30 now so that should help next week. If problem persists will probably look at moving the newsletter DB to another machine but fingers crossed that should be enough. Quite a bit of free memory on the box as well so may look at some MySQL tweaks to see if that helps.
        Code:
        TRUNCATE TABLE all_users;
        HTH
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

Just posted this:

Give is a shout if you get stuck
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
            Code:
            TRUNCATE TABLE all_users;
            HTH
            Tried it, made no difference is there an FAQ anywhere I could use?

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Give is a shout if you get stuck
            Cheers! You're work on the darkside (M$) though don't you? None of that dirty dotnet malarky here...

Comment

Tried it, made no difference is there an FAQ anywhere I could use?
              I'm sure there's someone you could ask. Failing that, there's probably a wiki you could consult as well.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

is this about ScooterScot?
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  is this about ScooterScot?
                  Who?

Comment

Who?
                    View Profile: scooterscot - Contractor UK Bulletin Board

well he does seem very slow (on the uptake). He doesn't seem to have noticed that he lives in Germany while posting crap no one cares about, about the UK
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X