• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Confused about the tube strike ?? Can someone explain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused about the tube strike ?? Can someone explain

100% of contractors on my team made it into office before 9.30am, it's noon now and 15 permies have not made it in yet (5 permies have) do permie people travel on some sort of dark/mystical tube that contractors are not aware off ?

How else could you explain this ?

So which bit has you confused - the part where those who need to turn up to get paid have done so, or that those who don't need to worry so much didn't?

Comment

Winter of 2012 we had a lot of snow. Only contractors and managers made it in. Some of us came long distances.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Winter of 2012 we had a lot of snow. Only contractors and managers made it in. Some of us came long distances.
        Same here in NL without the managers.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
          100% of contractors on my team made it into office before 9.30am, it's noon now and 15 permies have not made it in yet (5 permies have) do permie people travel on some sort of dark/mystical tube that contractors are not aware off ?

How else could you explain this ?
          What is the sample size and are they equally distributed geographically?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

sample size

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            What is the sample size and are they equally distributed geographically?
            20 permies and 16 contractors.

contractors from all round London, 14 required to use the tube, assume same ratio for permies.

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
              20 permies and 16 contractors.

contractors from all round London, 14 required to use the tube, assume same ratio for permies.
              I would refer you back to vwdan's response earlier. It is a no-brainer as Mr Bacon would say!!

HTH
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Why can't they have contract drivers on the tube?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Why can't they have contract drivers on the tube?
                  Because only Bob Crow is supposed to be paid in six figures.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                  X