• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Facilitating change

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facilitating change

I have recently started a new contract but the programmers i work with seem to be quite resistant to change. This is a pity because the applications I am supposed to be maintaining, while clever in some detail, are very poorly designed. It is taking me ages to work out the intricacies and show some sort of progress.

I have mentioned using OR Mappers and a Model View Controller design pattern but not only are they not interested, but openly skeptical. Last week I finished a new application in 2 days after they had allocated 2 weeks for its completion. I would have thought they would show some interest in how I achieved this but it has only made them more resistant. I am very careful of sounding condescending but I think it boils down to the fact they are happy with the status quo.

I'm just interested in how other people have handled situations like these.

Working...
X