• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone know anything about agency or client black listing?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know anything about agency or client black listing?

Just wondered if I am on a black list since I don't seem to be able to find work even when my skills match 100%?

Maybe i was just cr4p and the word got round. . .

Originally posted by TransitTrucker View Post
    Just wondered if I am on a black list since I don't seem to be able to find work even when my skills match 100%?

Not sure wether to applaud you for your self-awareness
    or berate you for being a numpty!

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
      Not sure wether to applaud you for your self-awareness
      or berate you for being a numpty!
      or you could offer an enlightening answer if you know anything at all. . .

Comment

or you could offer an enlightening answer if you know anything at all. . .
        There is no such thing as an Agency Black list - If there is the glimmer of them getting commission they would get you in like a shot!

Draw your own conclusion

HTH

PS - This is general

Comment

More likely that :

a) Your CV is probably crap
          b) Your rates are too high
          c) Your skills are dead
          d) Budgets for your stage of a project are not there yet...

Pick one or more of the above then correct the problem.

Comment

I wonder if an agent could chip in here. I know you are reading this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
              There is no such thing as an Agency Black list - If there is the glimmer of them getting commission they would get you in like a shot!

Draw your own conclusion

HTH

PS - This is general
              It depends on the size of the agency and whether they consider their role as more than just finding a body. I know a couple of agents who won't touch some contractors, based on their past performance and reputation. But those agencies are more niche providers who have a bit more of a reputation to protect.

One of those used to get a CV from someone I know every week for a different role, and they went straight into the shredder because of her reputation.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Comment

I wonder if an agent could chip in here. I know you are reading this.
                They'll tell you the same.

No agent would forgo commission unless they are very niche, as DD said.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Its a sales organisation. They'd literally flog dead horses to a stupid enough client. Thinking abput it, given the aptitude and attention span of some agents I've dealt with they probably would believe the dead horse was a good match for a role too.

Comment

Getting some useful comments here.

Comment

Working...
                    X