• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why did Chico become so religious?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did Chico become so religious?

Following up reasons suggested by ferret here. Specifically here is the text:

"So Chico, what got you into christianity?

1 - Led into christianity as a child? (Some poor kiddies are brain washed by their parents and never escape, I have two cousins in this camp, their parents actually belive they have talked to God...)

2 - You did lots of drugs as a youth and addled your brain and found out that God existed after one too many acid trips.

3 - You were a nasty piece of work and were 'rescued' - God is your saviour.

4 - You had a very bad childhood, molested, bad parents, whatever. You turned to religion to find love and comfort as your parents rejected you.

5 - You were schooled with the rod of love, beaten into believing in heaven and hell.

6 - You are just retarded."
    He was led into christianity as a child
    16.67%
    He did lots of drugs as a youth
    0.00%
    He was a nasty piece of work and was "rescued"
    8.33%
    He had bad childhood, molested, bad parents, whatever
    16.67%
    He was schooled with the rod of love
    8.33%
    He is just a retard
    33.33%
    Other (suggest below by posting it)
    16.67%

Well, when putting the list together my thoughts were on option 3. He seems, to me, be of the "born again" variety. The cold, serious stare and the need to convert people to his way of thinking.

I think he was a thieving, murdering, nasty piece of work and some evil deed pushed him over the edge into madness and here he found his god.

He now tries to convert people to his religion, if they don't play nicely I feel they may end up in a bag, buried in a grave deep enough to keep the foxes out in woods near his house.

It's the only way to deal with sinners and non-belivers eh Chico! Kill them all, let God sort them out
    my ferret is your ferret

Comment

At the risk of offending anyone.... I wonder if there is a statistical correlation between the set of all people who respond to direct mail/spam/unsolicited telephone calls and the set of all people who have newly discovered religious convictions.
      It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Look at the number of threads and polls about God, Chico has achieved his goal tenfold.

Comment

Vote: Other

He's just a little scally who enjoys winding you all up and watching you go...

I'm on to you Chico, my little jalapeno.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

In Chico's case, some people are just easily led.

I know a fair few Christians (by that I mean they go to church most weeks, rather than the types who just put "Christian" on their census form), and I respect them because they don't ram it down everyone elses throats. They're nice people, and good luck to them. If any of them decided to go all evangelical we'd probably fall out big time. You have the right to peacefully practice your religion (whatever it is), and I reserve the right not to have to listen to you going on about it all the time.

Edit - interesting theory Jacko...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Matthew 28:17-20

When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
              Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Chico, you are the Messiah.
                It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by oraclesmith
                  Chico, you are the Messiah.

Nope Jesus Christ is. Yeshua Ha Mashiach
                  Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
                    Matthew 28:17-20

When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
                    Ah, that's okay then. Jesus said it. That's religion sorted. Next topic?
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X