• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Load of Pollocks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Load of Pollocks

There was a story a while back about whether Jackson Pollock's name was hidden in his work

Hidden in Plain Sight? | ARTnews

Yesterday, whilst moseying around the Tate Modern, I was looking at Lee Krasner's Gothic Landscape.

'Gothic Landscape', Lee Krasner | Tate

Wasn't even thinking about the above story, and suddenly the word 'Pollock' appeared before me.

You heard it here first, folks!

I've tried staring at it for ages.

Is it a sailboat?

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
      I've tried staring at it for ages.

Is it a sailboat?
      I guess it's a Gothic Landscape.

Comment

Funnily enough, when looking at his work and other similar efforts, the word "Pollocks" does tend to come to mind almost immediately.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          Funnily enough, when looking at his work and other similar efforts, the word "Pollocks" does tend to come to mind almost immediately.
          Ah, maybe you need to give it a bit longer than 'almost immediately' - approach with open mind, contemplate for a few minutes, look closely at details and it might just grow on you.

Comment

Well there you go. I emailed Henry Adams who came up with the theory and he emailed back which was nice.

He's got other examples - one he emailed me did seem to be very clear - and he is going to be doing some more work on it. I think I'm starting to be convinced

Comment

Can we ignore this one as well?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Can we ignore this one as well?
                Your prerogative.

Comment

Working...
                X