• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The world today....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The world today....

summed up in a tract
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Digestive?
    It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

If you think I'm gonna click on a link from "chick.com" with Mrs Bob sitting behind me, you're very much mistaken.
      Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

That's a good example of the whole problem. Some of the ideas and concepts do sort of make some kind of sense, then at the end it turns into religious bulltulip. "Because it says so in the Bible" isn't at won't ever be a convincing argument about anything, and that's basically all Christianity has.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

A good tract but exaggerates somewhat, not everyone is on the edge of despair.

Comment

Written to appeal to those in despair so they will turn to the church and give them cash.

Next!

Do you give to your church Chico? 5% of salary? 10%? More?

It is quite common for the new age of christians to give substantial amounts to the church and this "tract" reads like a pretty poor bit of marketing cack.

The church is big business and needs supporting. Lots of people get rich through religion here and in the US and it is gullible fools like Chico who support it.

So come on Chico - how much do you give and if not monetarily then in time?
            my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Originally posted by ferret

So come on Chico - how much do you give and if not monetarily then in time?
              Or even worse... how much does it get anytime he persuades another gullible fool into those scams?
              I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Sadly even scientology cult is legal in this country - though in all fairness I quiet like Arch Bishop of Cantenbury because he is smart rather than dumb like Chico - if Christianity was more like Buddism - Philosophy, with all obvious things like dont kill, dont steal (though adultary should be definately dropped from sins and new one added - inability to satisfy your partner's sexual drive), then I would be okay with it, sadly things ain't that easy especially with Islam aggressively expanding and you can't address just Islam without addressing other religions - they are all big scams and you can either resolve all of them or none.

Pity Greek Gods did not carry on - they were much more human and did not demand so much, heck, even sacrifice was bones rather than meet, thanks to Prometeus.

Comment

Originally posted by ferret
                  Written to appeal to those in despair so they will turn to the church and give them cash.

Next!

Do you give to your church Chico? 5% of salary? 10%? More?

It is quite common for the new age of christians to give substantial amounts to the church and this "tract" reads like a pretty poor bit of marketing cack.
                  Even my local C of E church is getting into this, implying that all good Christians must give 10% of their income to the church fund or they'll all burn in Hell and the place will have to be closed down. Must have got it off the Internet.

It's complete B'Locks. When you look at the Church accounts, you see that about 90% of the income goes to the Diocese with the other 10% paying for the church upkeep. The local church itself is their income stream so they're not going to shut it down anytime soon and lose all those paying customers.
                  It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    Sadly even scientology cult is legal in this country - though in all fairness I quiet like Arch Bishop of Cantenbury because he is smart rather than dumb like Chico - if Christianity was more like Buddism - Philosophy, with all obvious things like dont kill, dont steal (though adultary should be definately dropped from sins and new one added - inability to satisfy your partner's sexual drive),
                    Adultery is a good thing you say? Ive seen more peoples lifes ruined because of this and familys torn apart.
                    Last edited by Diestl; 19 August 2006, 08:16.

Comment

Working...
                    X