• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PE lessons getting easier

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PE lessons getting easier

Brilliant letter in the Mail about how things used to be so much tougher

Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I hadn't really understood this 'pwned' expression until I read DirtyDog's post.

Absolutely right. When I suffered a fatal spine injury and was speared through my heart practising the pole vault I was told to stop play-acting, get up and do 100 burpees for attracting attention to myself. Nothing wrong with killing pupils as long as they produce hard, manly corpses with real gumption.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Absolutely right. When I suffered a fatal spine injury and was speared through my heart practising the pole vault I was told to stop play-acting, get up and do 100 burpees for attracting attention to myself. Nothing wrong with killing pupils as long as they produce hard, manly corpses with real gumption.
      Quite right. I died twice this very morning at the gym and it's done me the world of good

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
        Quite right. I died twice this very morning at the gym and it's done me the world of good
        Only twice - you need to man up, lad.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          IIRC we had one chap run over by a car whilst crossing the road to the canteen, a chap broke his collarbone playing rugby and another chap got a javelin through the foot.

Quite disappointing compared with the death rate above.
          Our yearly 1st XI vs Staff XI cricket match was notorious for brain injuries, rib injuries and general unsportsmanlike violence which was only reduced when the 1st XI bowlers were bought copious amounts of drink by the housemasters and the deceased Staff XI batsmen were replaced with teachers who didn't have brains to injure.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
          X