• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New to this forum & contracting but help pls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to this forum & contracting but help pls

Hi I'm new to contracting having only ever had perm roles, however I'm just going through some security checks for a role I'm supposed to be starting on Monday and need some insight please?
    Along with the normal references, utility bills credit check etc I was asked for 2 years of historic bank statements for the 2 year gap on my cv (had a short career break to bring up my kids 3 years ago and have been in work since).
    Provided them these & they have now come back to me saying they need explanations for around 10/15 of the transactions!?!
    Most of them are internal transfers from savings account or my joint account & a couple of them a dividends paid to me for shares I own (I'm talking about £18 worth of dividends!).
    Is this normal?!
    What are they looking for?!
    I am not worried because I know there's nothing untoward on there but at the same time the agency who I'm going through have made me feel almost like a criminal the way they are going about all this!
    Apparently there was a small discrepancy on my cv as to what type of 6th form course I took too- not intentionally but apparently there was one!
    Would there be anything that would make them retract the offer?!

First tip. Actually put what you are asking in the title. Everyone is asking for help so no need to state the obvious.

You are not telling us who you are applying to. Different sectors have different criteria. Defense and others like to see if you are trustworthy and can overlook small financial irregularities, finance needs to know you are ok with your financial situation and are not likely to use your post to money launder or steal from them due to financial difficulty etc. Does sound a bit over the top I have to say but depends on what you have access to.

Sounds to me they are checking money laundering if they are flagging internal transactions.

Also if your CV is not 100% correct and you get caught bang to rights what do you think they think. What else on the CV is not correct. OK 6th form is a long time ago and seems nit picky but they will probably have some kind of scoring system and your break, your discrepancy, your transactions all mount up to something worth looking at.

They could quite easily retract the offer if your score puts you in to a risk category. Depends on who the client is and why they are asking. Money discrepancies, CV discrepancies.. You see what this looks like to them?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X