• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone got contacts in the fashion industry?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone got contacts in the fashion industry?

Seems unlikely for IT folk, but I'll ask anyway...

ms#4 is doing a degree in fashion design. Part of this year (her second) is a 6 week work placement, starting Monday. Unfortunately the placement she'd arranged have let her down at the last minute, so she's currently got nothing.

If anyone knows someone who may be able to give her a placement at short notice, please PM me. She can provide a link to some examples of her work.

She's prepared to travel/stay away, so location not a problem.

Ta muchly!

I know Cojak has a regular rag week.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

MF does some modelling for a clothing brand so many be able to help but not sure she is that desperate.

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

SY02 has an old buddy that runs a successful milliners in town. Any use?
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          SY02 has an old buddy that runs a successful milliners in town. Any use?
          Thank you, but it's probably not quite what she needs - it's more the fashion design side of things.

The trial week she did with the company that she was supposed to be with, she was involved with pattern cutting and that sort of stuff, as well as getting things together for London Fashion Week and photoshoots and the like.

The work experience really needs to build on what she's studying at uni.

But ta anyway, appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X