• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NAT is kicked out from Switzerland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NAT is kicked out from Switzerland

<placeholder>

BBC News - Swiss immigration: 50.3% back quotas, final results show

Good for them.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

It would be interesting to have some detail of how many there are and from which countries. Are they all well paid immigrants in the banking or do they suffer the droves of East European types after a free lunch?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I can almost here the BBC reporter sobbing! blah blah disaster, blah blah single market! blah blah

A rare outbreak of democracy in Europe. It'll never catch on.

Comment

This one will be interesting too

BBC News - Swiss to vote on incomes for all - working or not
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Switzerland - proper democracy - direct rule by people where it matters, not the two party tulip of UK.

Also automatic weapons for everybody who considers themselves a man ...

Comment

Must be nice to live in a functioning democracy
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

hmmmm
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Switzerland - proper democracy - direct rule by people where it matters, not the two party tulip of UK.

Also automatic weapons for everybody who overly worries about the size of their penis...
                  FTFY

I entered the country when they had quotas. I'm now a permanent resident - which means the only difference between my legal rights and those of a Swissie is that I can't vote. So this won't affect me. Having discussed it with my Swiss colleague (who is the only Swiss in the office of about 30 people), it'll make FA difference - just increase the paperwork and piss Brussels off. Though I'm heartily in favour of the latter.

The SVP are a bunch of xenophobic, swivel-eyed, inbred, farming loonies.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Zero Hedge Fund has a post on this.

2014-02-09 Europe Stunned, Angry As Switzerland Votes To Curb Immigration

That Tyler Durden is a one-man army, posting all those articles each day!
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X