• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Profiling, good idea or bad?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Profiling, good idea or bad?

Just been catching up on the news and given that the word 'profiling' seems to be getting more than a few mentions these days I thought I'd ask the question is this man, and various others right?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4794975.stm

Inayat Bunglawala, spokesman for the Muslim Council of Britain, maintains the government needs to work closer with the community to fight terrorism.

"The government needs to think very, very carefully before it considers putting this measure into practice," he said.

"We are by no means convinced that the benefits outweigh the disadvantages in this case.

"We have seen very different arrests since 9/11, and terrorists, or suspected terrorists, come from many different backgrounds."
    No need for it, just round up all the Muslims
    38.71%
    If the tools can be put in place then why not, it's just common sense
    29.03%
    Do a trial for a year or so and see what happens
    3.23%
    Hmm, not sure. Could be good, but then again...
    0.00%
    Would end up just another gov't bungled idea, with the usual suspects designing the software
    12.90%
    Will cause more problems than it's worth, it's better just to search/suspect everyone
    3.23%
    Would be institutionally rascist, if it used religion, ethnic background etc as criteria
    12.90%
    Last edited by Joe Black; 19 August 2006, 12:24.

Yes, good for finding optimization candidates in code.

Comment

Did you find out

what the Buddhist Council of Britain thought about this?
      Or the Christian council of Britain?
      Or the Silent Majority but for how much longer council of Britian.

Let me see, islamic terrorists may attempt to blow up 'planes.
      So we should be targetting..... I know, the white middle-class, after all everybody knows it's their fault anyway (spit)
      Why not?

Comment

I'd propose the following arragement that I think terrorists should find attractive : once a year they will have a choice of any Govt minister to fight on duel with fair conditions, come to think of it perhaps any citizen should be allowed to do so in order to keep Govt policy in check.

Any attempt to blow innocent people though will result in such duel being withdrawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl
          Yes, good for finding optimization candidates in code.
          Very useful in UML to combine stereotypes, tagged values and constraints.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

I suggest we kill them all - just to be sure.

Chico.

Comment

pakis

apparently all the guys arrested were muslim and pakis (excepted three converts), no thai buddhists, no irish catholics, ...
              odd isn't it ?
              those guys had jobs (maybe not the best jobs) , probably better jobs than they would find in their pakiland tuliphole.
              It surely the fault of UK foreign policy ?

Comment

I hate to say it but certain racial groups do commit vast amounts of crimes. I mean why the feck else would they have operation Trident to stop coons shooting each other?
                Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black
                  Inayat Bunglawala, spokesman for the Muslim Council of Britain ... "We have seen very different arrests since 9/11, and terrorists, or suspected terrorists, come from many different backgrounds."
                  Apart from the fact that they were all mozzies, of course.

Comment

FFS do we need to use language such as paki and coon wtf.

Comment

Working...
                    X