PDA

View Full Version : Today's Lunch

Gittins Gal
12th February 2014, 14:01
Well, they say bad things come in threes:

1) Bloke serving in canteen really needed to blow his nose. He dishes out my food and then stands there prattling on about the weather still holding my plate thus maximising the opportunity for that dried, encrusted object dangling from his nose to drop into my cannelloni.

2) Enormous queue at the till and nobody has cash so they're all paying with plastic for the most trivial item. No, they're not contactless cards. My food is now cold.

3) Silly sod on the till neglects to give me the receipt I've requested before he realises he's started to ring through the next transaction by which time it's too late.

Completely ruined though, to be fair, event no. 1 would have done it on its own.

d000hg
12th February 2014, 14:03
Ugh.

Makes my hotdog, fried onion, cheese food slice, ketchup and american mustard club sandwich sound even better.

doodab
12th February 2014, 14:04
Did you go to booger king?

d000hg
12th February 2014, 14:06
Or MuckDonalds
Or Kenmucky Fried Chicken

:)

AtW
12th February 2014, 14:06
Are you sure you're not AtW?

Just asking, like. :eyes

WHS

:eyes

oscarose
12th February 2014, 14:10
Well, they say bad things come in threes:

1) Bloke serving in canteen really needed to blow his nose. He dishes out my food and then stands there prattling on about the weather still holding my plate thus maximising the opportunity for that dried, encrusted object dangling from his nose to drop into my cannelloni.

2) Enormous queue at the till and nobody has cash so they're all paying with plastic for the most trivial item. No, they're not contactless cards. My food is now cold.

3) Silly sod on the till neglects to give me the receipt I've requested before he realises he's started to ring through the next transaction by which time it's too late.

Completely ruined though, to be fair, event no. 1 would have done it on its own.

#1 is uncalled for - no wonder you've been feeling ill :o

MyUserName
12th February 2014, 14:18
Had my graze box for lunch (and 2 punnets of the graze breakfast porridge for breakfast) - currently trying to limit myself to 1900 calories a day so will not be snacking etc.

Am fine now but suspect I will be hungry before dinner time again :-(

vetran
12th February 2014, 14:59
freshly cooked pork chop, Brussels, butternut squash & baby sweetcorn.

Cooked in the kitchen and shared with my 7 month old (except the pork chop) , my little un likes Brussell sprouts!

All washed down with a mug of tea.

yummy!

Bellona
12th February 2014, 15:31
freshly cooked pork chop, Brussels, butternut squash & baby sweetcorn.yummy!

Sounds tasty but.........

Pork
Sprouts
Sweetcorn

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/mpapps/imp/cache/news+72922000+jpg+_72922296_72922287:scale+130+73. jpg

:D

hyperD
12th February 2014, 16:29

Pork
Sprouts
Sweetcorn

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/mpapps/imp/cache/news+72922000+jpg+_72922296_72922287:scale+130+73. jpg

:laugh

BrilloPad
12th February 2014, 16:31

Extra protein! I hope you paid the extra 10p for that.

doodab
12th February 2014, 16:34

Pork
Sprouts
Sweetcorn

Putting sprouts and sweetcorn into a baby as well. That's asking for trouble.

d000hg
12th February 2014, 16:35
Ugh, sprouts. I've a very wide palate and I'll eat them but I cannot see why people actively like them and would choose them over other green veg like broccoli/cabbage/etc.

vetran
12th February 2014, 16:36

Pork
Sprouts
Sweetcorn

too true.

Tonight Dinner will be washed down with a pint of homebrew, at least the bed will be warm!

My Daughter has no problem with wind, she grins and trumpets with a smile - Daddy's girl!

vetran
12th February 2014, 16:37
Ugh, sprouts. I've a very wide palate and I'll eat them but I cannot see why people actively like them and would choose them over other green veg like broccoli/cabbage/etc.

actually properly cooked they taste great, they have been breeding them to be sweeter. Its the overcooked soggy ones that taste vile

Dactylion
12th February 2014, 17:01
Ugh.

Makes my hotdog, fried onion, cheese food slice, ketchup and american mustard club sandwich sound even better almost edible (if you have no gag reflex).

FTFY

d000hg
12th February 2014, 18:13
actually properly cooked they taste great, they have been breeding them to be sweeter. Its the overcooked soggy ones that taste vileNo they don't. I've had them properly cooked and while OK, they are still "OK" rather than nice. The only way I know to make them nice is frying in butter with bacon but that proves nothing.

FTFYSnob :tongue

hyperD
12th February 2014, 18:51
No they don't. I've had them properly cooked and while OK, they are still "OK" rather than nice. The only way I know to make them nice is frying in butter with bacon but that proves nothing.

Snob :tongue

Sprouts, lightly steamed, then fried in butter, pancetta and Riesling and seasoned - lovely! Still fart like a trooper but at least they smell Christmassy.

So this lorry full of tortoises collided with a van full of terrapins. It was a turtle disaster.

Bellona
12th February 2014, 18:58
Sprouts, lightly steamed, then fried in butter, pancetta and Riesling and seasoned - lovely! Still fart like a trooper but at least they smell Christmassy

:rollin::rollin::rollin:

norrahe
13th February 2014, 07:59
Sprouts, lightly steamed, then fried in butter, pancetta and Riesling and seasoned - lovely! Still fart like a trooper but at least they smell Christmassy.

So this lorry full of tortoises collided with a van full of terrapins. It was a turtle disaster.

Sprouts, steamed, then pureed with butter, creme fraiche, salt and pepper.

mmmmm

Other than that way, bleedin' 'orrible things.