• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good evening, and here is the weather warning for tomorrow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good evening, and here is the weather warning for tomorrow

I see the Met Office are shifting their web site to a new one in which the phrase "Weather Forecast" has been replaced by "Weather Warnings".

Is yet another sign of the nanny state? When the temperature will be a balmy 72 degrees with a light breeze, will they issue warnings that some people may experience slight discomfort and perspiration?

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I see the Met Office are shifting their web site to a new one in which the phrase "Weather Forecast" has been replaced by "Weather Warnings".
    An incredibly disingenuous post. What do you expect them to show under a link titled "severe weather warnings" ?

The warnings have always been there, filed under "warnings" and the forecasts are under "forecasts" where you might expect. The 5 day one happens to be the first item on the weather menu.

Weather and climate change - Met Office
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      An incredibly disingenuous post. What do you expect them to show under a link titled "severe weather warnings" ? ...
      The usual page http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/...t_weather.html has a note saying "We’ve upgraded - This page will be removed later in the year and may not contain the latest information. Please use our new pages".

Last time I looked at the page, a couple of hours ago, the first "new pages" link took me to that "Weather Warnings" page. But now, mysteriously, the links go to a "Significant Weather" page

It seems like the Met Office site changes as fast as the weather!
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

They went through a phase of using the American sounding "Weather Advisory" for a while.

At least they're not doing that any more.

Comment

Maybe it went to the warnings page first because there are so many right now and they figure that's what most people are looking for, rather than checking if their picnic will require umbrellas.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The usual page UK weather forecast - Met Office has a note saying "We’ve upgraded - This page will be removed later in the year and may not contain the latest information. Please use our new pages".

Last time I looked at the page, a couple of hours ago, the first "new pages" link took me to that "Weather Warnings" page. But now, mysteriously, the links go to a "Significant Weather" page

That link must be at least a year out of date. I'm surprised it doesn't go straight to a 404 page.

is the current forecast page and has been for ages.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Is yet another sign of the nanny state? When the temperature will be a balmy 72 degrees with a light breeze, will they issue warnings that some people may experience slight discomfort and perspiration?

Nope, the forecast is still there

or

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

The usual page UK weather forecast - Met Office has a note saying "We’ve upgraded - This page will be removed later in the year and may not contain the latest information. Please use our new pages".

If you go to the old forecasts page, the first "new page" link will take you to the new forecasts page. If you go to the old warnings page, the first "new page" link will take you to the new warnings page. None of it has changed since they introduced the new pages last year.

Comment

If (as alleged by the Met Office) the current severe weather is caused by climate change and is the worst for 200 years; then what caused the bad weather 200 years ago?
                  Last edited by Paddy; 12 February 2014, 16:21.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    …what caused the bad weather 2000 years ago?
                    The crucifixion.

Comment

Working...
                    X