• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coffee grinders

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coffee grinders

Any suggestions for a decent coffee grinder.

I currently have a manual ceramic and while that's ok for making coffee for one, I'm not up for milling coffee for hours when I have people around.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

I just use one of these and a std filter machine.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Marks.../dp/B002DT31DO

IIRC it was about £15, does what it's supposed to do and is pretty easy to keep clean.

Comment

Do you notice a real difference between buying ready-ground, or is the difference you can pay less to get the same quality, or it lasts longer at top quality, or what? Since even snobby coffee sellers online will sell it ground, what is the benefit other than getting to play with the beans?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Do you notice a real difference between buying ready-ground, or is the difference you can pay less to get the same quality, or it lasts longer at top quality, or what? Since even snobby coffee sellers online will sell it ground, what is the benefit other than getting to play with the beans?
        I've found that the coffee tastes better when grinding it fresh. I used to get it ground at the shop, but found the flavour degraded quicker.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I have a manual ceramic burr grinder like this

Ceramic Slim Hand Grinder | Square Mile Coffee Roasters

It is brilliant, but takes me 5-10 minutes to produce the morning 2 x double espresso shots. Too long.

I have lingered over automatic, ceramic burr grinders, purely because of the price, since whilst the manual one can produce the finest espresso grinds, the cheaper motorised burr grinders don't last if you have them on the finest grind required...

I would go for the Dualit at the price

Home Coffee Grinders - The scoop on the best coffee grinders | York Coffee Emporium Blog

Catch 22 - I have a similar dilemma (presently using Lavazza D'Oro - 2 packs a week though, or the Square Mile Red Brick Red Brick | Square Mile Coffee Roasters when I can be bothered...it is sensational though!).
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Does it have to be manual? There's one at Blokker for €12.99 (are you still in cloggers?).
            <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              If you're using an espresso machine it lets you tailor the grind so it comes out just right.

I have an old dualit. Does the job. The Rancilio Rocky is supposed to be good but ain't cheap.
              Last edited by doodab; 13 February 2014, 09:13.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I got one of these. I don't have ground coffee a lot, but it does the trick - does spices for curry etc and mustard seeds a treat.
                For the price it covered a few things for me

http://amazon.co.uk/dp/B005FFT9B6
                If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  I've found that the coffee tastes better when grinding it fresh. I used to get it ground at the shop, but found the flavour degraded quicker.
                  Did you keep it in rubber sealed container in fridge?
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

BGG & I probably drink too much coffee, but due to consumption levels we justified on of these <linky>

So much easier, grinds the quantity needed at the touch of a button & makes the coffee, it has a lot of user viable setting so you can get the taste you like
                    Growing old is mandatory
                    Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
                    X