• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Off to Paris

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off to Paris

The day before yesterday I travelled from Munich to Paris on the night time train. Only returned this morning.

My mind is shot. Totally buggered. When I was asked a question, I answered in German. And even then I struggle to reason why I should instead use English.

My breakfast was served as I was passing through the French countryside.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

So you asked a question and answered it? You're talking to yourself?

Comment

So you got on a train and now you're an idiot? Are you suggesting cause and effect or were the warning signs there before you boarded?
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        So you got on a train and now you're an idiot? Are you suggesting cause and effect or were the warning signs there before you boarded?
        I went to bed, everyone was speaking German. I woke up, everyone was speaking French. I'm too old for this sheet.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Looks like a pretty crap breakfast. 3 drinks and a little croissant.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Looks like a pretty crap breakfast. 3 drinks and a little croissant.
            No wonder the English are facing an obesity epidemic.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              No wonder the English are facing an obesity epidemic.
              maybe he was thinking instead of empty calories in the alcohol and fat in the croissant they might have supplied fruit & protein such as meat cuts to make you feel full and to contain some vitamins. I suppose its better than deep fried mars bar!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Yeah, a breakfast of juice (refined sugar), a tiny pastry, booze and coffee really puts you on a high ground here.

That breakfast is probably as many calories as a small fry up or a big bowl of porridge but will leave you hungry 2 hours later.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                maybe he was thinking instead of empty calories in the alcohol and fat in the croissant they might have supplied fruit & protein such as meat cuts to make you feel full and to contain some vitamins. I suppose its better than deep fried mars bar!
                Indeed, pastries are very bad as they are so low in bulk and so high in calories. But the juice is as bad as the booze. He's just having a breakfast almost entirely based on liquid.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  I went to bed, everyone was speaking German. I woke up, everyone was speaking French. I'm too old for this sheet.
                  You slept in a bed full of Germans, and when you woke up they'd all turned French. Sounds like a plot to "Allo Allo"..

Comment

It takes a few days of being in France for me to switch over to speaking French properly. Until then it's a mixture of French and German. I think my brain has only two language settings: English and "other".
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X