• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Labour party illegaly trading?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Labour party illegaly trading?

This made me smile first thing this morning.

Jobs, pay fears as Labour's debts pile up

"..the party's accounts showed it was 'woefully insolvent'. " Isn't it illegal to trade while insolvent?

".. the party was considering a £1,000-a-head whip-round among its MPs .. " Given that MP's pay is from general taxation, isn't this state funding of political parties by the back door?

I also see that they want to get rid of staff at their Newcastle office; but in London they have all moved into a shiny new office. Good. Another group of core voters alienated.

Has anyone actually met a Labour voter? Neither have I. Either nobody wants to admit they vote Labour or the last couple of election results have been fixed.

But why should I care, can't vote because I don't live in the UK (for more that 91 days, ect ).
    Blair, you cannot reach me now,
    No matter how you try,
    Goodbye cruel Labour,
    Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Good ! lets hope no one bails them out and they can all **** off and ruin something else !

I'd like to know who's ever voted for these idiots ? !!

Like you say ...either people are too ashamed to admit it (for fears they would get a good kicking and laughed at) or the votes were rigged.

I feel probably the latter...based on their present lying corrupt ways !

Comment

Originally posted by CaribbeanPirate

".. the party was considering a £1,000-a-head whip-round among its MPs .. " Given that MP's pay is from general taxation, isn't this state funding of political parties by the back door?
      Of course not, silly boy. The cash would obviously come from the MP's own funds after tax. eg. If you worked as a civil servant or on a government IT contract and you wanted to buy something like a new car with the money they paid you, you wouldn't consider that it was 'funded by general taxation' would you ?

I voted Labour when New Labour first got in, but I haven't done so since because I don't understand how a Labour Prime Minister could be so close to a redneck US President. It must be the fundamental Christianity getting in the way.
      It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by oraclesmith

I voted Labour when New Labour first got in,

Track this guy down and club him like a baby seal and publicly flog him !

Comment

Originally posted by oraclesmith
          I don't understand how a Labour Prime Minister could be so close to a redneck US President.
          I am not sure a Tory PM would have done any different - perhaps with less arse kissing than Blair, but nevertheless war in Iraq would have happened.

Comment

You may be right AtW but I have some doubts.

Don't forget Downing St under NL spun the evidence for war in much the same way it spins everything else it does.

I don't accept the Tories would have told the intelligence services to 'make a case'.

Comment

Its the downside of being unconditional ally - UK did not have a choice, the best they could do is to leak info that would contradict US at the time of discussion in UN, however this would have lead to very long breakdown in relations with USA, so I think Tory PM would have certainly done it - remember if it was not for Tory support then Blair would have failed to secure right voting. Of course you can say that info was misleading and thus vote was compromised, but I think Tory would have done the same if not worse.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                I am not sure a Tory PM would have done any different - perhaps with less arse kissing than Blair, but nevertheless war in Iraq would have happened.
                Maybe, but at least it's expected behaviour. I don't think many people who voted for Blair first time round though that he would get alongside a US President like Bush.

Track this guy down and club him like a baby seal and publicly flog him !
                I shall be waiting with the baby seal!

Seriously, it's all well and good looking at this with 20:20 hindsight, but remember the state of the country under the preceding government run by Major. The underlying problem is that we elect a government based on idealogy and not skills/experience/competence. Imagine if that were true for contracts - "your Oracle skills are pretty poor but you can do the e-commerce project because we like your attitude on immigration".
                It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

"but remember the state of the country under the preceding government run by Major"

The much maligned Major government at least set the economy on the right track which Brown has managed to take all the credit for and has been in the process of screwing up since. It contained politicians who were accused of sleaze who at least stepped down when found out. Somewhat unlike the shower we now have who do everything they can to keep their snouts in the trough for just that little bit longer and who when eventually sacked, have a very good chance of getting back in because they are Blairs mate. And this from an anti sleaze party who were supposed to be 'whiter than white'. But then why should we expect the party of spin to honour this promise when they have failed on every other.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

"I didn't vote for the New Lie in 1997, but there was a palpable sigh of relief to seet the end of the Major government."

I agree entirely. It was time for the Tories to be ousted, but did 'things only get better'

Generally things have only improved my massaging the figures to 'show' and improvement. However taxes have gone up massively to pay for a massive expansion in the public sector and to increase the profits of a few very large consultancies.

It would be interesting to know what has actually improved since Major was ousted.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X