• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reading - Paddington

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading - Paddington

How cacked is this bit of the line?

FGW say "don't go" but I do have a hospital appointment for some tests tomorrow afternoon. Wondering if it worth trying or rescheduling.

Obviously if it slings it down later and tomorrow it's all going to get worse. But bright sunshine here at the moment.

think it was down to about 4 trains in the day rather than the usual 22...
    Join IPSE

Comment

Not as cacked as the bit from Exeter to Penzance
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
        How cacked is this bit of the line?

FGW say "don't go" but I do have a hospital appointment for some tests tomorrow afternoon. Wondering if it worth trying or rescheduling.

Obviously if it slings it down later and tomorrow it's all going to get worse. But bright sunshine here at the moment.
        You need to go Reading to Basingstoke then to Waterloo
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Not great then :-(

FGW say they are getting 4 trains an hour through. Guess that's if you can get on 'em.

Reading-Waterloo looks somewhat broken.

Salisbury route looks iffy too.

Oh well. I'd only been waiting 6 months for the appointment anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
            Not great then :-(

FGW say they are getting 4 trains an hour through. Guess that's if you can get on 'em.

Reading-Waterloo looks somewhat broken.

Salisbury route looks iffy too.

Oh well. I'd only been waiting 6 months for the appointment anyway.

Bit long winded, but Reading -> Guildford -> Waterloo might work better. I did that route last week and it wasn't too bad.

Comment

maybe better to try and get the rail air link to Heathrow and then tube it?
              Join IPSE

Comment

No time to read the thread in detail, but aren't you a bit old to be Reading Paddington Bear stories?

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Its taking 20 to 60 mins more than normal 30 mins. Be prepared to stand up throughout or sit on the floor.

4 days on, and they are not able to fix signalling at Maidenhead-Tyford. What engineers are doing there? They are just posting pictures of water logging around signal boxes.

Daily I hear signalling problem while travelling on National Rail or Tube. I want to learn signalling so that I can charge them 1,000/hour

Comment

Working...
                  X